Re: "Gnosticism" info

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
      > Oops, forgot a subject again.
      >

      > --- In gnosticism2@y..., lady_caritas <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi, all. We see a tendency to see some moderns (particularly in
      > > highly technological societies) attempt to conflate natural
      science
      > > and spirituality into sometimes confusing pseudoscientific
      > religions
      > > or interpretations of existing religions that often take on a
      > > confusing, materialistic spin.
      > >
      > > So, I found it refreshing a while back when I ran across a
      website
      > > (still under construction) whose developer, although having some
      > > modern theory he calls "ecognosis" (basically "wisdom about how
      the
      > > earth is put together"), has at least attempted to put together
      an
      > > extensive website containing various subjects, with a purpose of
      > > information gathering and dissemination by specific topics. He
      > > apparently has found these interesting as background to his
      theory,
      > > but thankfully chooses to discuss his theory in a separate
      section,
      > > avoiding confusion.
      > >
      > > http://www.kheper.net/topics/index.html
      > >
      > > I haven't been able to read everything, but I thought I'd mention
      > it,
      > > in case anyone wants to critique or delve into any Gnostic-
      related
      > > topics.
      > >
      > > Here is the section on Gnosticism (with many links):
      > > http://www.kheper.net/topics/Gnosticism/index.html
      > >

      > > Cari

      I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there has
      information on another site that has been linked here in the past,
      similar to the following:

      http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm

      I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I always
      intended to go back and search the site from start to finish, but now
      it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
      guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that would
      give names or other info by which I might track them down.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
        --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:

        > I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there has
        > information on another site that has been linked here in the past,
        > similar to the following:
        >
        > http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
        >
        > I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
        always
        > intended to go back and search the site from start to finish, but
        now
        > it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
        > guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
        would
        > give names or other info by which I might track them down.
        >
        > Gerry

        Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
        site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
        don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
        elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
        anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
          Hello lady_caritas

          On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:

          > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
          >
          >> I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there has
          >> information on another site that has been linked here in the past,
          >> similar to the following:
          >>
          >> http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
          >>
          >> I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
          > always
          >> intended to go back and search the site from start to finish, but
          > now
          >> it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
          >> guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
          > would
          >> give names or other info by which I might track them down.
          >>
          >> Gerry
          >

          > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
          > site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
          > don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
          > elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
          > anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
          >
          > Cari

          From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in months, so no
          guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~ before
          brons is still there.

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
            Hello lady_caritas

            On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:

            > --- In gnosticism2@y..., Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...> wrote:
            >> Hello lady_caritas

            > has
            > past,

            >>> always
            > but
            >>> now
            >>> would

            >>> Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
            >>> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but
            >>> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
            >>> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
            >>> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
            >>>
            >>> Cari
            >>
            >> From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
            > months, so no
            >> guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~
            > before
            >> brons is still there.
            >>
            >> Regards
            >> --
            >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
            >

            > Thanks, Mike, we appreciate your suggestion, but it looks like access
            > to the website is unavailable. Your link was probably the homepage,
            > whereas, Gerry's was a link to one of the essays.
            >
            > Cari

            I was afraid of that, truely unfortunate.

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
              --- In gnosticism2@y..., Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...> wrote:
              > Hello lady_caritas
              >
              > On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:
              >
              > > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > >> I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there
              has
              > >> information on another site that has been linked here in the
              past,
              > >> similar to the following:
              > >>
              > >> http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
              > >>
              > >> I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
              > > always
              > >> intended to go back and search the site from start to finish,
              but
              > > now
              > >> it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
              > >> guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
              > > would
              > >> give names or other info by which I might track them down.
              > >>
              > >> Gerry
              > >

              > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
              > > site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but
              > > don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
              > > elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
              > > anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
              > >
              > > Cari
              >
              > From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
              months, so no
              > guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~
              before
              > brons is still there.
              >
              > Regards
              > --
              > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

              Thanks, Mike, we appreciate your suggestion, but it looks like access
              to the website is unavailable. Your link was probably the homepage,
              whereas, Gerry's was a link to one of the essays.

              Cari
            • Terje Dahl Bergersen
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: "Gnosticism" info

                > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
                > site on Valentinianism.  This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
                > don't know how to contact him.  Perhaps someone else here or
                > elsewhere has more information.  I'll let you know if I find out
                > anything.  And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                >
                > Cari

                >From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in months, so no
                guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~ before
                brons is still there.

                Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
                I did a search for the URL address in Google http://www.google.com/  and
                found out I could restore the articles one at a time through googles cache
                by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who publizhed anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its completely impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the space where you plant your tree..
                So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first link...

                did this make any sense?

                Pax Pleromae

                Terje D. Bergersen
                terje@...
                http://terje.bergersen.net/
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                  --- In gnosticism2@y..., Terje Dahl Bergersen <terje@b...> wrote:

                  > > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the
                  excellent
                  > >> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons,
                  but I
                  > >> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
                  > >> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
                  > >> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                  > >>
                  > >> Cari
                  > >
                  > >>From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
                  months, so no
                  > >guarantee:
                  >
                  ><http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm>http://www.cyberus.ca/~bro
                  ns/valentin.htm
                  > >-- note the ~ before
                  > >brons is still there.
                  >
                  > Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my
                  > old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated
                  > getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
                  > I did a search for the URL address in Google
                  http://www.google.com/ and
                  > found out I could restore the articles one at a time through
                  googles cache
                  > by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who
                  publizhed
                  > anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its
                  completely
                  > impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the
                  > space where you plant your tree..
                  > So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need
                  > only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the
                  > result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first
                  > link...
                  >
                  > did this make any sense?
                  >

                  > Pax Pleromae
                  >
                  > Terje D. Bergersen
                  > terje@b...
                  > http://terje.bergersen.net/

                  Oh, yes, Terje, thank you so much!!! I "googled" David's homepage
                  and came up with the following page (note: Yahoo tends to mess up
                  long links, so you might need to copy and paste links into your
                  browser.) ~

                  http://www.google.com/search?as_q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyberus.ca%2F%
                  7Ebrons%2Fvalentin.htm&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
                  8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&as_ft=i&as_filet
                  ype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

                  I then followed the link that says: "Find web pages that link to …"
                  and found the following pages from his site cache (If anyone finds
                  any more pages, we'd appreciate your posting the links.)~

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:tMn0uJgNGb0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang
                  _en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:KNw6cx4JFP8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/name.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                  ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:XPvkxf4lfd0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang
                  _en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:E6_93Y4u1gIC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sin.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&i
                  e=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:Sg3_YkyKXoQC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/ethics.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                  n&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:maph0b8QDq0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/chronology.htm+&hl=en&lr=la
                  ng_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:7ilqncUjhAEC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/eschatology.htm+&hl=en&lr=l
                  ang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:YKkYgFKWFJ0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/interpret.htm+&hl=en&lr=lan
                  g_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:s3kveZ7vVqoC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/school.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                  n&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:eKf8SwsBi-
                  4C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sum.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:6HlQg3IF11MC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/temple.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                  n&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:6Tqjl0-
                  yqmUC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/gnosis.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:kiKX10a5Dx8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/person.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                  n&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:zLbXpMLn4xMC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/myth.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                  ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:rQatZYYCyFQC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/monism.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                  n&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:8jHcXhVUlRoC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/detail.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                  n&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:7XUVbhNdn5EC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/angel.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en
                  &ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:iwF-
                  pYjM_NYC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/bible.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:S4bZtp_qJkUC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/organization.htm+&hl=en&lr=
                  lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:2-
                  id_XQzh30C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/world.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:1BxVCi-
                  wgmgC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/psychology.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:77gjHWNCiRYC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/body.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                  ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:0VEfC1Df-
                  v0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/gnoslinks.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:Iytklc-
                  FJj8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/jesus.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:c6AJLX-
                  rkG0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/worship.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?
                  q=cache:HujOkF2ukwcC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/error.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en
                  &ie=UTF-8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:jS-
                  6QE_BnBEC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/writings.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
                  8

                  http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:m4eW6kspx-
                  kC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/bibliography.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                    Here are a few more pages after additional searching that I might
                    have missed on the first round ~

                    http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:6rQt-
                    _HiVBsC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentinus.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
                    8

                    http://216.239.53.100/search?
                    q=cache:ullh74qOCbgC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sophia_eve.htm+&hl=en&lr=la
                    ng_en&ie=UTF-8

                    http://216.239.53.100/search?
                    q=cache:QPhZFWIEClwC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/syzygy.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                    n&ie=UTF-8

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                      --- In gnosticism2@y..., Terje Dahl Bergersen <terje@b...> wrote:

                      > > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the
                      excellent
                      > >> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons,
                      but I
                      > >> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
                      > >> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
                      > >> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                      > >>
                      > >> Cari
                      > >
                      > >>From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
                      months, so no
                      > >guarantee:
                      >
                      ><http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm>http://www.cyberus.ca/~bro
                      ns/valentin.htm
                      > >-- note the ~ before
                      > >brons is still there.
                      >
                      > Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my
                      > old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated
                      > getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
                      > I did a search for the URL address in Google
                      http://www.google.com/ and
                      > found out I could restore the articles one at a time through
                      googles cache
                      > by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who
                      publizhed
                      > anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its
                      completely
                      > impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the
                      > space where you plant your tree..
                      > So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need
                      > only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the
                      > result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first
                      > link...
                      >
                      > did this make any sense?
                      >

                      > Pax Pleromae
                      >
                      > Terje D. Bergersen
                      > terje@b...
                      > http://terje.bergersen.net/

                      Strangely enough, Terje, considering my own lack of computer
                      expertise, that made perfect sense. After searching again last
                      night, I was led to your links page, and hoped that you might have
                      further insight in reclaiming this seemingly lost information.

                      A hearty "thanks" to you and Cari for your highly (re)constructive
                      tenacity!