    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
      Hi, all. We see a tendency to see some moderns (particularly in
      highly technological societies) attempt to conflate natural science
      and spirituality into sometimes confusing pseudoscientific religions
      or interpretations of existing religions that often take on a
      confusing, materialistic spin.

      So, I found it refreshing a while back when I ran across a website
      (still under construction) whose developer, although having some
      modern theory he calls "ecognosis" (basically "wisdom about how the
      earth is put together"), has at least attempted to put together an
      extensive website containing various subjects, with a purpose of
      information gathering and dissemination by specific topics. He
      apparently has found these interesting as background to his theory,
      but thankfully chooses to discuss his theory in a separate section,
      avoiding confusion.

      http://www.kheper.net/topics/index.html

      I haven't been able to read everything, but I thought I'd mention it,
      in case anyone wants to critique or delve into any Gnostic-related
      topics.

      Here is the section on Gnosticism (with many links):
      http://www.kheper.net/topics/Gnosticism/index.html

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
        Oops, forgot a subject again.

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
          > Oops, forgot a subject again.
          >

          > --- In gnosticism2@y..., lady_caritas <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi, all. We see a tendency to see some moderns (particularly in
          > > highly technological societies) attempt to conflate natural
          science
          > > and spirituality into sometimes confusing pseudoscientific
          > religions
          > > or interpretations of existing religions that often take on a
          > > confusing, materialistic spin.
          > >
          > > So, I found it refreshing a while back when I ran across a
          website
          > > (still under construction) whose developer, although having some
          > > modern theory he calls "ecognosis" (basically "wisdom about how
          the
          > > earth is put together"), has at least attempted to put together
          an
          > > extensive website containing various subjects, with a purpose of
          > > information gathering and dissemination by specific topics. He
          > > apparently has found these interesting as background to his
          theory,
          > > but thankfully chooses to discuss his theory in a separate
          section,
          > > avoiding confusion.
          > >
          > > http://www.kheper.net/topics/index.html
          > >
          > > I haven't been able to read everything, but I thought I'd mention
          > it,
          > > in case anyone wants to critique or delve into any Gnostic-
          related
          > > topics.
          > >
          > > Here is the section on Gnosticism (with many links):
          > > http://www.kheper.net/topics/Gnosticism/index.html
          > >

          > > Cari

          I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there has
          information on another site that has been linked here in the past,
          similar to the following:

          http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm

          I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I always
          intended to go back and search the site from start to finish, but now
          it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
          guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that would
          give names or other info by which I might track them down.

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
            --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:

            > I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there has
            > information on another site that has been linked here in the past,
            > similar to the following:
            >
            > http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
            >
            > I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
            always
            > intended to go back and search the site from start to finish, but
            now
            > it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
            > guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
            would
            > give names or other info by which I might track them down.
            >
            > Gerry

            Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
            site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
            don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
            elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
            anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
              Hello lady_caritas

              On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:

              > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
              >
              >> I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there has
              >> information on another site that has been linked here in the past,
              >> similar to the following:
              >>
              >> http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
              >>
              >> I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
              > always
              >> intended to go back and search the site from start to finish, but
              > now
              >> it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
              >> guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
              > would
              >> give names or other info by which I might track them down.
              >>
              >> Gerry
              >

              > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
              > site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
              > don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
              > elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
              > anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
              >
              > Cari

              From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in months, so no
              guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~ before
              brons is still there.

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
                Hello lady_caritas

                On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:

                > --- In gnosticism2@y..., Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...> wrote:
                >> Hello lady_caritas

                > has
                > past,

                >>> always
                > but
                >>> now
                >>> would

                >>> Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
                >>> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but
                >>> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
                >>> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
                >>> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                >>>
                >>> Cari
                >>
                >> From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
                > months, so no
                >> guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~
                > before
                >> brons is still there.
                >>
                >> Regards
                >> --
                >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
                >

                > Thanks, Mike, we appreciate your suggestion, but it looks like access
                > to the website is unavailable. Your link was probably the homepage,
                > whereas, Gerry's was a link to one of the essays.
                >
                > Cari

                I was afraid of that, truely unfortunate.

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 20, 2002
                  --- In gnosticism2@y..., Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...> wrote:
                  > Hello lady_caritas
                  >
                  > On 20-Nov-02, you wrote:
                  >
                  > > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> I'll take a look at it, but first I wonder if anyone out there
                  has
                  > >> information on another site that has been linked here in the
                  past,
                  > >> similar to the following:
                  > >>
                  > >> http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
                  > >>
                  > >> I know you and Corax have both listed articles from there. I
                  > > always
                  > >> intended to go back and search the site from start to finish,
                  but
                  > > now
                  > >> it seems that they have moved and left no forwarding address. I
                  > >> guess I'm hoping someone may have printed off a hard copy that
                  > > would
                  > >> give names or other info by which I might track them down.
                  > >>
                  > >> Gerry
                  > >

                  > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
                  > > site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons, but
                  > > don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
                  > > elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
                  > > anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                  > >
                  > > Cari
                  >
                  > From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
                  months, so no
                  > guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~
                  before
                  > brons is still there.
                  >
                  > Regards
                  > --
                  > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

                  Thanks, Mike, we appreciate your suggestion, but it looks like access
                  to the website is unavailable. Your link was probably the homepage,
                  whereas, Gerry's was a link to one of the essays.

                  Cari
                • Terje Dahl Bergersen
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                    Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: "Gnosticism" info

                    > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the excellent
                    > site on Valentinianism.  This was a homepage of David Brons, but I
                    > don't know how to contact him.  Perhaps someone else here or
                    > elsewhere has more information.  I'll let you know if I find out
                    > anything.  And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                    >
                    > Cari

                    >From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in months, so no
                    guarantee: http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm -- note the ~ before
                    brons is still there.

                    Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
                    I did a search for the URL address in Google http://www.google.com/  and
                    found out I could restore the articles one at a time through googles cache
                    by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who publizhed anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its completely impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the space where you plant your tree..
                    So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first link...

                    did this make any sense?

                    Pax Pleromae

                    Terje D. Bergersen
                    terje@...
                    http://terje.bergersen.net/
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                      --- In gnosticism2@y..., Terje Dahl Bergersen <terje@b...> wrote:

                      > > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the
                      excellent
                      > >> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons,
                      but I
                      > >> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
                      > >> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
                      > >> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                      > >>
                      > >> Cari
                      > >
                      > >>From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
                      months, so no
                      > >guarantee:
                      >
                      ><http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm>http://www.cyberus.ca/~bro
                      ns/valentin.htm
                      > >-- note the ~ before
                      > >brons is still there.
                      >
                      > Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my
                      > old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated
                      > getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
                      > I did a search for the URL address in Google
                      http://www.google.com/ and
                      > found out I could restore the articles one at a time through
                      googles cache
                      > by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who
                      publizhed
                      > anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its
                      completely
                      > impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the
                      > space where you plant your tree..
                      > So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need
                      > only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the
                      > result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first
                      > link...
                      >
                      > did this make any sense?
                      >

                      > Pax Pleromae
                      >
                      > Terje D. Bergersen
                      > terje@b...
                      > http://terje.bergersen.net/

                      Oh, yes, Terje, thank you so much!!! I "googled" David's homepage
                      and came up with the following page (note: Yahoo tends to mess up
                      long links, so you might need to copy and paste links into your
                      browser.) ~

                      http://www.google.com/search?as_q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyberus.ca%2F%
                      7Ebrons%2Fvalentin.htm&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
                      8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&as_ft=i&as_filet
                      ype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

                      I then followed the link that says: "Find web pages that link to …"
                      and found the following pages from his site cache (If anyone finds
                      any more pages, we'd appreciate your posting the links.)~

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:tMn0uJgNGb0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang
                      _en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:KNw6cx4JFP8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/name.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                      ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:XPvkxf4lfd0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang
                      _en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:E6_93Y4u1gIC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sin.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&i
                      e=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:Sg3_YkyKXoQC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/ethics.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                      n&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:maph0b8QDq0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/chronology.htm+&hl=en&lr=la
                      ng_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:7ilqncUjhAEC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/eschatology.htm+&hl=en&lr=l
                      ang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:YKkYgFKWFJ0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/interpret.htm+&hl=en&lr=lan
                      g_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:s3kveZ7vVqoC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/school.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                      n&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:eKf8SwsBi-
                      4C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sum.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:6HlQg3IF11MC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/temple.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                      n&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:6Tqjl0-
                      yqmUC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/gnosis.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:kiKX10a5Dx8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/person.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                      n&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:zLbXpMLn4xMC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/myth.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                      ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:rQatZYYCyFQC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/monism.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                      n&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:8jHcXhVUlRoC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/detail.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                      n&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:7XUVbhNdn5EC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/angel.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en
                      &ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:iwF-
                      pYjM_NYC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/bible.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:S4bZtp_qJkUC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/organization.htm+&hl=en&lr=
                      lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:2-
                      id_XQzh30C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/world.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:1BxVCi-
                      wgmgC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/psychology.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:77gjHWNCiRYC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/body.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&
                      ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:0VEfC1Df-
                      v0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/gnoslinks.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:Iytklc-
                      FJj8C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/jesus.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:c6AJLX-
                      rkG0C:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/worship.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?
                      q=cache:HujOkF2ukwcC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/error.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en
                      &ie=UTF-8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:jS-
                      6QE_BnBEC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/writings.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
                      8

                      http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:m4eW6kspx-
                      kC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/bibliography.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                        Here are a few more pages after additional searching that I might
                        have missed on the first round ~

                        http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:6rQt-
                        _HiVBsC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentinus.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
                        8

                        http://216.239.53.100/search?
                        q=cache:ullh74qOCbgC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/sophia_eve.htm+&hl=en&lr=la
                        ng_en&ie=UTF-8

                        http://216.239.53.100/search?
                        q=cache:QPhZFWIEClwC:www.cyberus.ca/~brons/syzygy.htm+&hl=en&lr=lang_e
                        n&ie=UTF-8

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 21, 2002
                          --- In gnosticism2@y..., Terje Dahl Bergersen <terje@b...> wrote:

                          > > > Gerry, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened to the
                          excellent
                          > >> site on Valentinianism. This was a homepage of David Brons,
                          but I
                          > >> don't know how to contact him. Perhaps someone else here or
                          > >> elsewhere has more information. I'll let you know if I find out
                          > >> anything. And let us know what you learn, too, okay?
                          > >>
                          > >> Cari
                          > >
                          > >>From my hotlist, try this one, but I haven't been into it in
                          months, so no
                          > >guarantee:
                          >
                          ><http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/valentin.htm>http://www.cyberus.ca/~bro
                          ns/valentin.htm
                          > >-- note the ~ before
                          > >brons is still there.
                          >
                          > Mike and everyone.. It´s gone... I have David´s email address on my
                          > old Mac which I seldom use.. Its going to be a little complicated
                          > getting it, and its been a while since I was in contact with him...
                          > I did a search for the URL address in Google
                          http://www.google.com/ and
                          > found out I could restore the articles one at a time through
                          googles cache
                          > by doing the same thing... This is also apropos anyone who
                          publizhed
                          > anything on the World Wide Web which they now regret..its
                          completely
                          > impossible to remove it from memory; your "home" isn´t just in the
                          > space where you plant your tree..
                          > So if you find the article you want at the website cache, you need
                          > only copy the address, paste it into the search window, get the
                          > result for the site, and click cached copy instead of the first
                          > link...
                          >
                          > did this make any sense?
                          >

                          > Pax Pleromae
                          >
                          > Terje D. Bergersen
                          > terje@b...
                          > http://terje.bergersen.net/

                          Strangely enough, Terje, considering my own lack of computer
                          expertise, that made perfect sense. After searching again last
                          night, I was led to your links page, and hoped that you might have
                          further insight in reclaiming this seemingly lost information.

                          A hearty "thanks" to you and Cari for your highly (re)constructive
                          tenacity!