Re: Reincarnation & gnosticism

    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 23, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., incognito_lightbringer <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I think I saw this years ago on late night TV. Wasn't it supposed
      > be loosely based on the Nag Hammadi and Dead Sea Scrolls and the
      fact
      > it took so long for these to be translated and published?

      I'm sure it was. Irving Wallace wrote the orignal novel, and I
      believe the movie was released as a TV mini-series. It featured some
      snippets from non-canonical sourves, but overall, didn't strive to
      completely unsettle orthodox faith—merely upset the timeline of its
      perceived historical context.

      As I alluded earlier, it's less a presentation of significant
      discoveries, and more of a commetary on how easily people will allow
      themselves to be duped—which is interesting enough in its own right,
      though perhaps not over enough to tolerate three hours of it on VHS.