Re: Ecclesia Gnostica:

  • hesperos19
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 13, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., Terje Dahl Bergersen <terje@b...> wrote:

      > There were a significant number of posts which were
      crossposted
      > throughout two forums, not only "Gnosticism" - as such, the
      attacks
      > on the character of Hoeller (which I can only think of as
      uninformed)
      > and everyone involved with EG or any other kind of ecclestiacial
      work
      > under the Gnosis, which were more explicit
      > in, for instance, Gnosticmillenium, is unclear and confusing to
      those
      > who have not participated in more than one forum.

      The posts which mention Hoeller on
      Gnosticmillenium@yahoogroups.com og which I am list-owner
      are posts # 464, 534, 537, 538, 544, 547, 548, 618, 621.

      In none of these posts was Hoeller's character attacked; the
      question arose regarding sacramentalism - which a discussant
      and I engaged the view of Testimonium Veritas regarding water
      baptism vis a vis the Valentinian - orientated position of the
      Ecclesia Gnostica.

      I raised doubts regarding Hoeller's apostolic succession -
      however, if these doubts were "illinformed" you COULD have
      clarified the matter - verdad?

      In fact the questions were based on a lack of understanding of
      what the EG and EGN and their doctrines, and based upon a
      lack of knowledge on my part regarding the tradions of the
      Ecclesia Gnostica - and of course these questions and doubts
      have been answered elsewhere - at least to my satisfaction.

      Not everyone is going to see the church positions of EG and
      EGN as self-evident, due either to lack of information, contact, or
      context - and the more informed approach would be to respond
      with information, contact, context by way of explanation.

      Of course since Hoeller did publish these materials in his new
      book - questions regarding the necessity and legitimacy of
      Church and sacramentalism are going to be raised, and I think
      most people are willing at least to listen to well thought and
      reasonable replies.

      Coraxo
    • hesperos19
      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 13, 2002