Re: Dogma and insanity

    Message 1 of 45 , Oct 13, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "beautiful2afault" <beautiful2afault@y...>
      wrote:
      > i too feel some were unkind to soundgarden.
      > second, i don't feel he was preaching some dogma but adding
      > information to a discussion in progress.

      I'm sorry you feel that way. No one's forcing anyone to stay here,
      but we ARE insisting that members maintain focus with regards to
      classical Gnosticism during their stay. Being distinct from
      orthodoxy, it seems inapporapritate for folks to bring rigid,
      dogmatic preaching to such a discussion forum.

      As for the discussion being "in progress" and Soundgarden's
      contribution to it, his first post introduced the topic and consisted
      of this much input (other than a reposted "fluff" article):

      recently....<<<< [Soundgarden #6711]

      So he found that article "interesting." Lovely. What does he do
      when anyone else starts offering thoughts on the subject but pointing
      out that this is the ONLY truth, and anyone incapable of seeing it is
      obviously not of the same enlightened level that he himself has
      attained. Frankly, that's very sad, and as Cari pointed out is
      nothing more than proselytizing. It has nothing to do with
      discussion. It's not welcome here. There are plenty of other boards
      out there where people thrive on that.

      I'm also sorry that you failed to notice support was given to the
      fact that Soundgarden has posted similarly at other sites—and didn't
      stick around for serious debate of the topic. If he can merely hide
      behind others' words and then lash out when questioned about it,
      perhaps he should spend some time rethinking the topic.

      Personally, the last time(s) this discussion took place, I was
      arguing against those who said there is NO such thing as a recycling
      of psychic material. I felt that their stand was equally as dogmatic
      as Soundgarden's, and for something that can't be objectively proven—
      it really seems foolish to hold such a position. While I currently
      allow for the possibility, I actually also allow room for
      presentation of various points of view, including a "civil"
      presentation that there is perhaps no such thing. That doesn't
      include either side who is convinced of their unilaterally perfect
      comprehension of the total of esoteric wisdom.

      > . . . . sometimes i wonder what this group reallly is talking about.
      > or practising.
      >
      > b2af

      I'm sure many a member here has wondered the same about you, as
      well. Questioning is a good thing if it leads one to reason.

      If anyone's up for a proper discussion of metensomatosis, I'll be
      sure to check it out soon as I get back from the mountains.

      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 15, 2002
        You smart aleck you ;)

        I had a rather odd summer actually, hope yours was good though :)

        PMCV