Re: Dogma and insanity

    Message 1 of 45 , Oct 12, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "George Harvey" <GeorgeHarvey2621@m...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Cari,
      >
      > That would be my guess. But what do I know? I am just an old hippie.
      >
      > George

      "Old hippie"? Sounds like an oxymoron to me, George. :-D

      "Real Me" -- Pete Townsend

      I went back to the doctor
      To get another shrink.
      I have to tell him about my weekend
      But he never betrays what he thinks.

      Can you see the real me,
      Doctor?
      Can you see the real me,
      Doctor?

      I went back to my mother.
      I said "I'm crazy, ma, help me!"
      She said "I know how it feels, son
      'Cause it runs in the family."

      Can you see the real me,
      Mother?
      Can you see the real me,
      Mother?

      The cracks between the paving stones
      Like rivers of flowing veins.
      Strange people who know me
      Peeping from behind every window pane.
      The girl I used to love
      Lives in this yellow house.
      Yesterday she passed me by.
      She doesn't want to know me now.

      Can you see the real me
      Can you, can you?
      Can you see the real me
      Can you, can you?

      I went to the holy man
      Full of lies and hate.
      I seemed to scare him a little,
      So he showed me to the golden gate.

      Can you see the real me, preacher?
      Preacher
      Can you see the real me, preacher?

      Can you see, can you see, can you see
      Can you see the real me? Doctor
      Can you see the real me? Preacher,
      Can you see the real me? Mother
      Can you see the real me?

      "One's real life is so often the life that one does not lead." Oscar
      Wilde

      "Now, I was listening to them say these things, and within me was
      stillness of silence. I listened to blessedness, through which I
      understood myself as I really am. And I withdrew to vitality, which
      I sought to understand; and I accompanied it into itself, and stood
      at rest – not firmly, but in stillness. And I beheld an indivisible,
      eternal, intellectual movement – belonging to all the powers;
      formless; and unlimited by bestowal of limit. And when I wished to
      stand firmly at rest I withdrew to reality, which I found to be
      standing at rest and still, after an image and a resemblance of the
      (image) which I was wearing. Through a manifestation of the
      undivided and the still I became full of manifestation. (And)
      through a first manifestation of the unrecognizable, I [understood]
      it (the unrecognizable), at the same time [that] I was
      uncomprehending of it. And from the latter I received power, having
      gotten eternal strength from [it]." -- _The Foreigner_
      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 15, 2002
        You smart aleck you ;)

        I had a rather odd summer actually, hope yours was good though :)

        PMCV