Re: Dogma and insanity

    Message 1 of 45 , Oct 11, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "soundgarden81" <soundgarden81@y...> wrote:

      > I will be unsubscribing from this group the very minuite I post
      this
      > message...So save your petty comeback's...

      Hmmm. Well, indeed, Soundgarden has unsubscribed.

      I always feel bad when this happens, and I wonder if members, who
      have unyielding devotion regarding the efficacy of their Truth and
      leave in a emotional flurry when they can't convince everybody else,
      don't end up doing the same thing at other groups that aren't
      interested in proselytization.

      I have no interest in "petty comeback's" [sic] to Soundgarden's
      patronizing insults to members.

      However, just in case Soundgarden is lurking, I would like to offer
      some food for thought, unless this person does not value critical
      thinking. Other members and I don't pretend to have all the answers,
      but we like to share and even debate our opinions (not inflexible
      dogmas) based on accumulated experience at any given point of time
      (yep, just can't permanently get away from that temporal mode while
      human, eh?).

      Soundgarden: "We must start with faith in what the master's have
      told us..."

      That seems to contradict what Soundgarden said in a previous
      message: "there are people who call themselves gnostics but in fact
      they have no DIRECT experience of reality . ."

      I would wonder whether Soundgarden is relying on direct experience
      and self-knowledge or rather on "faith" or "belief," adopting
      another's way to "direct experience."

      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 15, 2002
        You smart aleck you ;)

        I had a rather odd summer actually, hope yours was good though :)

        PMCV