Re: Dogma and insanity

  • soundgarden81
    Message 1 of 45 , Oct 11, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
      > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "soundgarden81" <soundgarden81@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > . . . . Reincarnation is a reality which has
      > > been confirmed by countless great mystics on this planet since
      > > time immemorial.
      >

      > Well, to be more precise, it is a concept which has been asserted
      by
      > certain individuals....

      Soundgarden: Wrong, it is a concept for you because you are still a
      prisoner of your timebound mind.

      > You said that, "reincarnation is not a
      > > phenomenon universally experienced by gnostics." To be frank
      > > with you, this is only because there are people who call
      > > themselves gnostics but in fact they have no DIRECT experience
      > > of reality..And if they do it is only superficial. So there
      > speculation
      > > doesn't carry much weight.
      >

      > Sort of reminds me of those fundamentalists again, but I don't
      > suppose you'd see how that also applies to the very dogmatic stance
      > you've taken. The Bowmans' article was, in truth, quite an
      > oversimplification of the formation of the Early Church. To reduce
      > the entire process to a single issue is really absurd.

      Soundgarden: Christ said, "look not here nor there for behold the
      kingdom of heaven is within you." This mean's meditation, gerry, it
      doesn't mean read book's until you are blue in the face, and then
      form opinion's about thing's one has no direct experience of. Christ
      also said, "be still and know that I am the lord." In other word's
      still your mind,(meditate) The bible also say's. "He that is joined
      unto the lord is ONE spirit." The meaning of the reference to being
      one with the lord cannot be truly understood with your timebound
      mind. Remember gerry, the menu is not the food.

      > There are several different level's of
      > > consciousness..Which means there are several different levels
      > > of awakening. The great mystics who have reached the highest
      > > levels of consciousness, have all confirmed the reality of
      > > reincarnation in there writing's since time immemorial. If
      people
      > > want to say these mystics are all liars, or say they are deluded,
      > > that is there perogative.
      > >
      > > Regard's,
      > > Soundgarden
      >

      > So, at the highest level of awakening, does the great knowledge of
      > reincarnation compel one to harrass the lower levels on their
      > discussion boards?

      Soundgarden: I didn't harrass anyone...I was asked a question. If
      you wan't to call answering question's harrassment that is your
      perogative.

      Seriously, SoundGarden, if we don't measure up to
      > your standards, then how will "reading" that article and listening
      > your diatribe convince us of anything? I thought you said that
      book-
      > reading and wishful thinking didn't cut it?

      We must start with faith in what the master's have told
      us...awakening is not as simple as pushing a button, or turning on
      switch in a dark room. It requires meditation practice.(stilling the
      mind)

      > That said, it is your "prerogative" to seek a group worthy of your
      > own inestimable wisdom.
      >
      > Good journey(s) to you!
      >
      > Gerry

      I will be unsubscribing from this group the very minuite I post this
      message...So save your petty comeback's...My advice to will and gerry
      is to stop throwing around baseless allegation's and pompous rude
      remark's, and focus on practice...Remember, gnosis is not just an
      intellectual concept, gnosis is what is.

      Regard's
      Soundgarden
      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 15, 2002
        You smart aleck you ;)

        I had a rather odd summer actually, hope yours was good though :)

        PMCV