Re: Dogma and insanity

    Message 1 of 45 , Oct 11, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "soundgarden81" <soundgarden81@y...> wrote:

      > . . . . Reincarnation is a reality which has
      > been confirmed by countless great mystics on this planet since
      > time immemorial.

      Well, to be more precise, it is a concept which has been asserted by
      certain individuals....

      You said that, "reincarnation is not a
      > phenomenon universally experienced by gnostics." To be frank
      > with you, this is only because there are people who call
      > themselves gnostics but in fact they have no DIRECT experience
      > of reality..And if they do it is only superficial. So there
      speculation
      > doesn't carry much weight.

      Sort of reminds me of those fundamentalists again, but I don't
      suppose you'd see how that also applies to the very dogmatic stance
      you've taken. The Bowmans' article was, in truth, quite an
      oversimplification of the formation of the Early Church. To reduce
      the entire process to a single issue is really absurd.

      There are several different level's of
      > consciousness..Which means there are several different levels
      > of awakening. The great mystics who have reached the highest
      > levels of consciousness, have all confirmed the reality of
      > reincarnation in there writing's since time immemorial. If people
      > want to say these mystics are all liars, or say they are deluded,
      > that is there perogative.
      >
      > Regard's,
      > Soundgarden

      So, at the highest level of awakening, does the great knowledge of
      reincarnation compel one to harrass the lower levels on their
      discussion boards? Seriously, SoundGarden, if we don't measure up to
      your standards, then how will "reading" that article and listening to
      your diatribe convince us of anything? I thought you said that book-
      reading and wishful thinking didn't cut it?

      That said, it is your "prerogative" to seek a group worthy of your
      own inestimable wisdom.

      Good journey(s) to you!

      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 15, 2002
        You smart aleck you ;)

        I had a rather odd summer actually, hope yours was good though :)

        PMCV