Re: Dogma and insanity

  • soundgarden81
    Message 1 of 45 , Oct 10, 2002
      <soundgarden81@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi Cari,
      > >
      > > For one who has awakened, reincarnation is not a matter of
      belief
      > or
      > > non-belief...it is a matter of DIRECT experience..it is more a
      > matter
      > > of knowing, than belief. There is a big difference between
      belief
      > > and knowing....reality reveals itself whole and complete at the
      > > moment of awakening.
      > >
      > > Regard's,
      > > Soundgarden
      >

      > Yes, I do understand what you say about "belief" vs. "direct
      > experience" or "knowing" in regards to gnosis. In your
      experience,
      > Soundgarden, did reality reveal "itself whole and complete at
      the
      > moment of awakening"? Can you expand on what you mean
      by "reality"?
      > And, if so, was reincarnation part of that reality? The revelation
      > you described sounded quite specific unless I'm misreading it.
      >
      > Reincarnation is not a phenomenon universally experienced by
      Gnostics
      > in their "awakening." In fact, I would go so far as to say that
      > gnosis for many might not be just a one-time awakening.
      Gnosis is
      > understood as "acquaintance" with the divine and could be
      perceived
      > as a process . . .
      >
      > Cari

      My definition of gnosis is that which cannot truly be understood
      with the mind or intellect. There are two types of reality.. there is
      relative reality, and there is absolute reality. Absolute reality
      cannot be understood with the timebound mind. Reality is reality,
      only when it is graspted non-conceptually. To confuse gnosis
      with only with reading book's and wishful thinking, is a
      misunderstanding of what gnosis really means...True gnosis
      can only be found within. Reincarnation is a reality which has
      been confirmed by countless great mystics on this planet since
      time immemorial. You said that, "reincarnation is not a
      phenomenon universally experienced by gnostics." To be frank
      with you, this is only because there are people who call
      themselves gnostics but in fact they have no DIRECT experience
      of reality..And if they do it is only superficial. So there speculation
      doesn't carry much weight. There are several different level's of
      consciousness..Which means there are several different levels
      of awakening. The great mystics who have reached the highest
      levels of consciousness, have all confirmed the reality of
      reincarnation in there writing's since time immemorial. If people
      want to say these mystics are all liars, or say they are deluded,
      that is there perogative.

      Regard's,
      Soundgarden
      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 15, 2002
        You smart aleck you ;)

        I had a rather odd summer actually, hope yours was good though :)

        PMCV