Re: Dogma and insanity

    Message 1 of 45 , Oct 10, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "soundgarden81" <soundgarden81@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Cari,
      >
      > For one who has awakened, reincarnation is not a matter of belief
      or
      > non-belief...it is a matter of DIRECT experience..it is more a
      matter
      > of knowing, than belief. There is a big difference between belief
      > and knowing....reality reveals itself whole and complete at the
      > moment of awakening.
      >
      > Regard's,
      > Soundgarden

      Yes, I do understand what you say about "belief" vs. "direct
      experience" or "knowing" in regards to gnosis. In your experience,
      Soundgarden, did reality reveal "itself whole and complete at the
      moment of awakening"? Can you expand on what you mean by "reality"?
      And, if so, was reincarnation part of that reality? The revelation
      you described sounded quite specific unless I'm misreading it.

      Reincarnation is not a phenomenon universally experienced by Gnostics
      in their "awakening." In fact, I would go so far as to say that
      gnosis for many might not be just a one-time awakening. Gnosis is
      understood as "acquaintance" with the divine and could be perceived
      as a process . . .

      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 15, 2002
        You smart aleck you ;)

        I had a rather odd summer actually, hope yours was good though :)

        PMCV