Re: Dualism & its relation to Gnosis

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "lightpotential" <lightpotential@y...> wrote:
      > What is dualism?

      Hello, lightpotential. Regarding dualism, these links might be of
      some help:

      http://www.kheper.net/topics/worldviews/dualism.htm
      http://www.mb-soft.com/believe/text/dualism.htm

      (Gnostics believed that humans had physical and psychic components
      that were perishable and also a spiritual component, pneuma
      or "divine spark.")

      >>I look to creation, and the laws that God has established, which
      regulate the unfoldment of the universe.<<

      >>This, for me is the only way that I can explain in words, what I
      regard to be the infinite 'foundational body' of the universe. Yet, I
      will take it further.<<

      >>This is the act of creation, by God, and leads to the extension of
      the universe into many different realms. One of these realms, is that
      which we inhabit. It is called the Kosmos by some. There are many
      veils that separate each of the realms of being, and some are higher
      than others, but each are an extension of God's thinking.<<

      Typically, the Gnostic Bythos was not the creator god you describe
      above. Your description sounds more like the mythological deity that
      created our world, the demiurge, not the "True God."

      Actually, when you speak of a " `foundational body' of the universe"
      and state that "the universe is an Extension from God," I'm even
      reminded of panentheism, . . but I might be entirely misreading your
      description.