Re: [Gnosticism2] The Red Suppository Revisited

  • Enheduanna
    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 23, 2002
      Eye of newt and toe of frog;  Whisker of  Cat, hair of Dog...

      Although having been enlightened on  the 'insertion' aspect, I think I'd much prefer a Hello Kitty sticky-on patch!   Vegetarian naturally.

      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 13, 2002
        --- In gnosticism2@y..., Terje Dahl Bergersen <terje@b...> wrote:

        > There were a significant number of posts which were
        crossposted
        > throughout two forums, not only "Gnosticism" - as such, the
        attacks
        > on the character of Hoeller (which I can only think of as
        uninformed)
        > and everyone involved with EG or any other kind of ecclestiacial
        work
        > under the Gnosis, which were more explicit
        > in, for instance, Gnosticmillenium, is unclear and confusing to
        those
        > who have not participated in more than one forum.

        The posts which mention Hoeller on
        Gnosticmillenium@yahoogroups.com og which I am list-owner
        are posts # 464, 534, 537, 538, 544, 547, 548, 618, 621.

        In none of these posts was Hoeller's character attacked; the
        question arose regarding sacramentalism - which a discussant
        and I engaged the view of Testimonium Veritas regarding water
        baptism vis a vis the Valentinian - orientated position of the
        Ecclesia Gnostica.

        I raised doubts regarding Hoeller's apostolic succession -
        however, if these doubts were "illinformed" you COULD have
        clarified the matter - verdad?

        In fact the questions were based on a lack of understanding of
        what the EG and EGN and their doctrines, and based upon a
        lack of knowledge on my part regarding the tradions of the
        Ecclesia Gnostica - and of course these questions and doubts
        have been answered elsewhere - at least to my satisfaction.

        Not everyone is going to see the church positions of EG and
        EGN as self-evident, due either to lack of information, contact, or
        context - and the more informed approach would be to respond
        with information, contact, context by way of explanation.

        Of course since Hoeller did publish these materials in his new
        book - questions regarding the necessity and legitimacy of
        Church and sacramentalism are going to be raised, and I think
        most people are willing at least to listen to well thought and
        reasonable replies.

        Coraxo