picture it

  • karl_marxiii
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2002
      I can't for the life of me figure how they first multiplied, they
      are they in the mud, swelling, but how do they duplicate? It must
      have been more of an accident. An iron oxide bumps into a
      phosphorous oxide (OK, im sorry i'm not a chemist these are
      hypothetical chemicals) two iron oxides and two phosphorous oxides
      Which carry on to establish the path of life. With a few minor
      variations soon the chemicals branch out to become different things
      which only react when they meet one of the same things. Before you
      know it world war three comes along and there's nothing left.

      If someone writes their version below, and someone else thiers below
      that, we might understand it cause it's hard! Pass it on.
    • beautiful2afault
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2002
        it was not a they, they was orginally a one which divided becoming two
        then the buggers got it on

        the fact was it were a few of them
        so the few divided became two and as the little buggers became from
        them getting it on diversity and branching sprung

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5, 2002
          Are you sure, Beautiful to a fault? If it was a division then why do
          we no longer replicate by division? I see the origins of life as the
          predecessr of the male / female union, where two forces create a
          third. Also why would a certain chemical begin to divide and
          replicate? If this was the point of origin, it seems to have no
          cause, and is therefore hard to understand. If division and
          replication are seen as the origins of the will of organisms to life,
          where did this will come from? I believe there must be a certain mix
          of molecules/ chemicals/ whatever that creates an abundance of those
          forms, and that this is the origin of life. The magical
          partnership. I could see this as a collision of basic elements that
          had complementary gravity or electrical charge or chemical
          volatility, but before even the first amoeba developed the ignition
          for this must have been some catharsis engendered by a holy communion
          of complementary forces.

          --- In gnosticism2@y..., "beautiful2afault" <beautiful2afault@y...>

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 5, 2002
            i was talking about the holy force
            what were you thinking?

            amoebi?

            this is how it was for humanity
            the creation of male and female in the spiritual form

            then the transformation upon earth. that took a little more and yes
            i guess it did start with the amoeba.

            as for the amoeba, sure. they divide
            division, the building blocks of the universe

            then some lone wolf just sent me an e-mail. creation and all that.

            but i will spare you those details. i imagine many recieved it as
            well.

            beautiful2afault

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 6, 2002
              Well okay the holy force, the dao, the most high, as a one which
              divided becoming two? could you see this as the biiiiiig bang? What
              horrors! Perhaps it was split due to some malevolence? Or do you
              think it wanted to, so it could grow. I'm not sure. I can see it
              growing like a seed, sending forth roots and shoots into the cold
              dark nothing to become a something, in which case we are all a part
              of a big plant. Cool!

              But i still don't see how it could just grow itself. Heat and
              moisture are the classical recipe for the enablance of life. I still
              somehow feel that it must have been a combination of things (sorry
              for such a weak word but i can't think of another and am pressed for
              time) that led to such an over spill of life.

              God Luck! karl

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 6, 2002
                all i know
                is that the model for humanity was first drawn up within the spirit.
                from that process where by a being to decend upon the earth was
                conceptualized. then the process began...the evolution in spirit to
                the eventual evolution upon the earth.

                there are phases and no i don't know the vehicle of spark in either
                the spirit or the physical.

                so the mystery remains.
                whom/what is the great mind behind the spirit, behind the spark in
                life.

                warmth and moisture you say? upon a third component. sure.
                in the physical realm
                what of the spiritual realm

                warmth and moisture, upon structure. if thought can be such.

                structured thought upon void and space.

                others surely have seen this.
                the thought
                the structure
                the evolution

                this which depicts the creation of humanity of woman and man, our
                status in the universe our divine origins, our divine place.

                if not in this recient time line of humanity then possible in other
                ages past.

                see the mandella of the chinees. they try to depict a somewhat
                structure of divine

                the caste system of india, a functional structure of the divine
                progress, even if the system is primative, the concept formulative
                toward an evolution process

                other religions talk of a process a divine thing...the quabella or
                some such spelling. both jew and muslem

                some others have seen
                i do belive mostly others have heard
                elaborated and tried to fathom the meaning of its presence in the
                spiritual to the point of making that practical. as with the caste
                system as with the chinees mandella and today i think with the
                seeking of the equality of woman in a world wide fashion from
                politics, to religion, and personal attitude.

                if this spiritual design, this great mind has been moving through the
                ages within humanity to reveal its creation, its practical
                applications and possible direction, i believe in this current age of
                spirit. it is to bring about equality to both genders and the freedom
                to be spiritual and physical with the gifts which are endowed to both.

                yep, equality is the issue of the current spiritual age. freedom
                and equality. love of course is the highest aim. but even that,
                love must come in as an evolutionary process

                beautiful2afault

                it cause it's hard! Pass it on.
              • Coraxo
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 6, 2002
                  Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: picture it

                  > From: "beautiful2afault" <beautiful2afault@...>
                  >
                  > if this spiritual design, this great mind has been moving through the
                  > ages within humanity to reveal its creation, its practical
                  > applications and possible direction, i believe in this current age of
                  > spirit. it is to bring about equality to both genders and the freedom
                  > to be spiritual and physical with the gifts which are endowed to both.
                  >
                  > yep,  equality is the issue of the current spiritual age.  freedom
                  > and equality.  love of course is the highest aim.  but even that,
                  > love must come in as an evolutionary process
                  >
                  > beautiful2afault

                  Hi B2aF;

                  These are nice sentiments but are not consistent with what is depicted in classical gnosticism.

                  First the concept of equality, or egalitarianism of the Spirit is not shared by the Classical gnostics. the human condition was divided into a tripartite view of Hylic, psychic and Pneumatic.

                  An evolutionary process was similarly not recognozed; in classical systems humans are the product of a flawed Creator and the substrate of the Cosmos is and will remain corrupt; the gnostics quest is liberation from materiality, not evolution within it.

                  The current age is not necessarily one of Freedom, in fact the trends that we see are trends towards totalitarianism of a different sort from the totalitarianism of the past, yet it is totalitarianism all the same based on the principle of Rulership; that is to say, Archontics.

                  Gender equality is irrelevant in classical Gnosticism because there is no gender in the Kingdom of Heaven; what are considered male and female are the paired szyzygies - which bear no correspondence towards genes or genetalis. In fact in Valentinism the Pneumatic Church is given as Brides to the Angels of Christ; that is male and female Pneumatics are the Brides of the Angels of Christ.

                  Love is of course not the highest aim; The Gnosis is. The Agape referred to by Paul is most likely an initiatory event, and not transcendent love as is surmised by modern theologians; so one may have Gnosis but without initiation is not restored to the Pleroma - Agape most likely being the Bridal Chamber Mystery.

                  Love is not a process or evolutionary; it is Love - yet what is Love? In the Troubador traditions there are Storge, Ludos, Cherritas, etc., all roughly translated as "Love", yet as we are coming to understand, things do not translate well into English, a language more suited to materiality than Spirituality.

                  Is this a current age of the Spirit? Doubtful, in fact it seems that the hylic grip is even tighter than before, so I must politely disagree with the expressions that you have put forth in your recent missives.

                  The classical Gnostic approach is based upon the knowledge of the flawed design of the Universe, the knowledge that suffering and death constitute the outcomes of Birth, and that the human Spirit is alien to the world of matter and the world of human social construction. Only through a genuine Gnosis of the Spirit, one which is not the product of works or effort, but of Grace and Metanoia is it possible to overcome the failure of the evolutionary project.

                  In this manner Gnosticism diverges from the spiritualities of the Orient and New Age because it is in essence one which does not see a salvific effect in personal effort alone; the healing must take place from the Soteriologic principle which lies outside the world in which the person is trapped.

                  Corax

                • pessy@chez.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 7, 2002
                    Coraxo writes:
                    > Gender equality is irrelevant in classical Gnosticism because there is no
                    > gender in the Kingdom of Heaven;

                    exactly!

                    > things do not translate well into English,
                    > a language more suited to materiality than
                    > Spirituality.

                    that's why I can't talk English or German without employing an insane amount
                    of latinism and grecism. And even those are not perfect.

                    > Is this a current age of the Spirit?

                    In this world, there'll never be an age of the spirit.
                    The Aeons are metaphysical ages, as only the worldly aeon is subject to
                    time, space, and causality.

                    > The classical Gnostic approach is based upon the knowledge of the flawed
                    > design of the Universe,

                    exactly.

                    Klaus Schilling
                  • beautiful2afault