Re: [Gnosticism] ISLAM AND THE AsIM OF LIFE

  • Coraxo
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 2, 2002
      Re: [Gnosticism] ISLAM AND THE AsIM OF LIFE Yes, just like Xtianity and Judaism  - good point Klaus.

      Corax

      From: pessy@...
      Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:05:27 +0200
      To: gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Gnosticism] ISLAM AND THE AsIM OF LIFE

      Coraxo writes:
      > The problem is that Islam was hijacked

      like all the larger religions

      Klaus Schilling

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

    • Coraxo
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 2, 2002
        " [Gnosticism] " However;

        there appears to be an administrative problem with the list.

        I am on this "gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com"  list and another "gnosticism@yahoogroups.com".

        Now both lists are using "[Gnosticism]" in the subject line of posts that go out.

        I was thinking in my reply to the spam from 'Domiati" that this was going to the latter list not this one.

        Could perhaps some way of distinguishing in the subject line be madeto make the reference list more easily identifiable?

        My response to Domiati had more relevance on the other gnosticism list since some cursory study of the soteriology of the Imamate had been broached - however I do not think this list has had that subject as topic, or if so, it did not develop.

        So my response to Domiati's spam post is probably somewhat dissonant here since there is no post history on Islam recently.

        Is it possible that one of the two "[Gnosticism]" clubs could use some modifier to make the subject line distinguishable between the two?

        Thanks,

        Corax

        From: pessy@...
        Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:05:27 +0200
        To: gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 2, 2002
          --- In gnosticism2@y..., Coraxo <coraxo@e...> wrote:
          > However;
          >
          > there appears to be an administrative problem with the list.
          >
          > I am on this "gnosticism2@y..." list and another
          > "gnosticism@y...".
          >
          > Now both lists are using "[Gnosticism]" in the subject line of
          posts that go
          > out.

          <snip>

          > Is it possible that one of the two "[Gnosticism]" clubs could use
          some
          > modifier to make the subject line distinguishable between the two?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Corax

          An administrative problem? Gosh, I hope not. If so, it's hopefully
          one that can be remedied. ;-)

          I just reset the subject tag to read "Gnosticism2" instead
          of "Gnosticism." We'll see if that works once I send this message.
          Our list used to be called "Gnosticism" while we were still in the
          club format. Once we switched to groups, Yahoo changed our name
          to "Gnosticism2" in addition to unfortunately "losing" a major
          portion of our message archives. Not changing the subject tag was
          obviously an oversight, one that we wouldn't have expected to cause a
          problem.

          But, thanks, Corax, for letting us know. I hope I've fixed the
          problem for those responding from their email accounts instead of
          directly posting at the group.

          Always good to *see* you.

          Cari
        • Coraxo
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 2, 2002
            Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: " [Gnosticism] " Thanks Caritas- the new tag comes out quite nicely, although you could have taken pride of place by setting it as ..."[Gnosticism1]"..I mean why take seconds, right?

            Although it is ultimately my responsibility as a writer to check and make certain what list I am responding to the modification does help my increasingly sun-burned noggin to sort things out better.

            So not really an "administrative" problem on your end - the problem really was mine  insofar as I am able to organize my reading and writing materials.

            But I appreciate the assistance :-D

            Corax

            From: lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 18:27:29 -0000
            To: gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [Gnosticism2] Re: " [Gnosticism] "

            --- In gnosticism2@y..., Coraxo <coraxo@e...> wrote:
            > However;
            >
            > there appears to be an administrative problem with the list.
            >
            > I am on this "gnosticism2@y..."  list and another
            > "gnosticism@y...".
            >
            > Now both lists are using "[Gnosticism]" in the subject line of
            posts that go
            > out.

            <snip>

            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 2, 2002
              --- In gnosticism2@y..., Coraxo <coraxo@e...> wrote:
              > Thanks Caritas- the new tag comes out quite nicely, although you
              could have
              > taken pride of place by setting it as ..."[Gnosticism1]"..I mean
              why take
              > seconds, right?
              >
              > Although it is ultimately my responsibility as a writer to check
              and make
              > certain what list I am responding to the modification does help my
              > increasingly sun-burned noggin to sort things out better.
              >
              > So not really an "administrative" problem on your end - the problem
              really
              > was mine insofar as I am able to organize my reading and writing
              materials.

              > But I appreciate the assistance :-D
              >
              > Corax

              Oh, my pleasure, Corax. Thanks for responding so quickly. It is
              certainly not your problem either, by any means. One so
              knowledgeable and prolific as you should have help from all sources
              to maintain your organization. Gnosticism1? Ah, that's a thought,
              but, hey, ... nah, too much more editing involved. lol

              Say, and watch out for too much sun on this beautiful Labor Day. :-)

              Cari
            • gerryhsp
              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 2, 2002

                > I just reset the subject tag to read "Gnosticism2" instead
                > of "Gnosticism." We'll see if that works once I send this
                message.

                Thanks for noticing (and correcting) that, guys. I figured Yahoo
                would have set our defaults at the new settings during the
                conversion...but then, why expect consistency now... right?!

                If we could just find the settings for filtering out proselytizing
                posts, we'd be all set!

                Gerry
              • alexis johnson
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 3, 2002

                   pessy@... wrote:

                  domiati writes:

                  > What is the purpose of my life?

                  Self-mortification

                  > What is the purpose of your life?

                  ditto

                  > What is the purpose of our lives?

                  ditto

                  Klaus Schilling

                  SELF-MORTIFICATION !!??!**&$$#^&@#!!?!

                  Come on, Klaus, it can't be as bad as all that.

                  There must be a reason for this...I mean there has to be...I mean isn't there?...something?...anything...Hey, anybody...give me some help here...Why is there air?...(to blow up basketballs, of course)...let's see..."meaning"..."aim"..."life"...okay, time to get the search engine reved up and...this could take all nite!...shhhheeeeeshhhh...I'll get back to you all when I find something out.

                  Blackfire, over and out.

                  Do You Yahoo!?

                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 3, 2002
                    --- In gnosticism2@y..., alexis johnson <blackfire_al@y...> wrote:

                    > pessy@c... wrote:
                    > domiati writes:
                    > >
                    > > What is the purpose of my life?
                    >
                    > Self-mortification
                    >
                    > > What is the purpose of your life?
                    >
                    > ditto
                    >
                    > > What is the purpose of our lives?
                    >
                    > ditto
                    >

                    > Klaus Schilling
                    >

                    > SELF-MORTIFICATION !!??!**&$$#^&@#!!?!
                    >

                    > Come on, Klaus, it can't be as bad as all that.
                    >

                    > There must be a reason for this...I mean there has to be...I mean
                    isn't there?...something?...anything...Hey, anybody...give me some
                    help here...

                    Blackfire ~ Of course, only Klaus can explain further what he means
                    in his post by "self-mortification."

                    In the meantime, the following homily by Rev. Steven Marshall offers
                    one perspective on "Self-Examination."

                    http://www.webcom.com/gnosis/ecclesia/homily_Lent1.htm

                    Whether or not one agrees with Steven Marshall's point of view (with
                    Jungian overtones), his words are pause for consideration.

                    "So, why do we not suggest that we all leave this vale of woe in some
                    mass suicide? Because there is something yet very precious about
                    human consciousness—there is an insight, a resurrection, a Gnosis
                    that can only be achieved in this embodied consciousness. This Gnosis
                    not only liberates one from the attachments and snares of the world
                    but also awakens a compassion for all sentient beings and a desire to
                    remain and help others with the task of Self-knowledge. Liberation
                    from the chains of attainment frees us from bondage to our demiurgic
                    egos."

                    Cari
                  • wilbro99
                    Message 9 of 26 , Sep 3, 2002
                      Reply to 6521:

                      Alice, I was waiting to see if any other would take you up on the
                      evolution post and along comes this. The point I was going to make
                      there will be made here, which is that the only thing to be taken
                      literally is a change in the sensate self. I have read his entire
                      sermon, if sermon it be, and would agree with the general thrust of
                      it, especially as captured by the part you have quoted. Of course, I
                      would cast it in different terms, but that is a matter of how one
                      decides to describe that which is called Gnosis, the literal part; and
                      that decision is one very complicated affair as I see it.

                      Here is how I would change the part you quoted: Since the demiurgic
                      ego is a reflected identity, a way of grasping "me" as "me," I would
                      simply say that the attachments and snares of the world are of
                      self-awareness, which is why it is called self-knowledge. As you can
                      see, I am limiting it to the field of cognition, and to the self to
                      self relation. Since that liberation, at least as I know it, brings
                      about another sense of self, that self-reflection brings another
                      dimension of reflection into being. This is what I would call the
                      spiritual dimension. This is what I see Kierkegaard as calling the
                      spiritual, for those who have the ears to hear, that is. ----willy

                      "So, why do we not suggest that we all leave this vale of woe in some
                      mass suicide? Because there is something yet very precious about human
                      consciousness-there is an insight, a resurrection, a Gnosis that can
                      only be achieved in this embodied consciousness. This Gnosis not only
                      liberates one from the attachments and snares of [strike(the world)]
                      [self-awareness] but also awakens a compassion for all sentient beings
                      and a desire to [strike(remain and)] help others with the task of
                      Self-knowledge. Liberation from the chains of attainment frees us from
                      bondage to our demiurgic egos."
                    • incognito_lightbringer
                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 3, 2002
                        Klaus admires the encratites.
                        Okay, so no sex, meat, or wine. (Maybe a visit to the local
                        dominatrix for some flagellation)
                        But I can't see giving up showering ;)

                        --- In gnosticism2@y..., alexis johnson <blackfire_al@y...> wrote:

                        > pessy@c... wrote:
                        > domiati writes:
                        > >
                        > > What is the purpose of my life?
                        >
                        > Self-mortification
                        >
                        > > What is the purpose of your life?
                        >
                        > ditto
                        >
                        > > What is the purpose of our lives?
                        >
                        > ditto
                        >

                        > Klaus Schilling
                        >

                        > SELF-MORTIFICATION !!??!**&$$#^&@#!!?!
                        >

                        > Come on, Klaus, it can't be as bad as all that.
                        >

                        > There must be a reason for this...I mean there has to be...I mean
                        isn't there?...something?...anything...Hey, anybody...give me some
                        help here...Why is there air?...(to blow up basketballs, of
                        course)...let's see..."meaning"..."aim"..."life"...okay, time to get
                        the search engine reved up and...this could take all
                        nite!...shhhheeeeeshhhh...I'll get back to you all when I find
                        something out.

                        > Blackfire, over and out.
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        Service.

                      • incognito_lightbringer
                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 4, 2002
                          What about the Cathar endura?

                        • pessy@chez.com
                          Message 12 of 26 , Sep 4, 2002
                            incognito_lightbringer writes:
                            > Klaus admires the encratites.
                            > Okay, so no sex, meat, or wine.

                            'Wine' extends to all strongly psychoactive materials,
                            like shrooms, coffee, and LSD.

                            > (Maybe a visit to the local
                            > dominatrix for some flagellation)

                            that's anti-encratite as well

                            Klaus Schilling
                          • pessy@chez.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Sep 4, 2002
                              incognito_lightbringer writes:
                              > What about the Cathar endura?

                              Suicide by starving tends to be licit, as it can be a consequence of
                              mortification of the Thelema.
                              Fast active suicides are, to the contrary, usually a form of
                              affirmation of the Thelema, with very rare exceptions
                              like those of Philip Mainlaender and Mario de Sa'-Carneiro
                              This has been shown e.g. by A. Schopenhauer's
                              "Welt als Wille und Vorstellung"

                              Klaus Schilling
                            • beautiful2afault
                              Message 14 of 26 , Sep 4, 2002
                                i got this far. "
                                Islam, the purpose of life is to worship Allah. The
                                term "Worship" covers all acts of obedience to Allah"

                                and had to comment.

                                without going into the formation of my thought. when the individual
                                must be brought to obedience the situation is in a far cry.

                                several things going on.

                                there is love and equality,
                                respect and honor
                                and finally obedience

                                it would seem to me that obedience is a far cry from love
                                but a good start for those who cannot fathom love especially one for
                                the other in any or all social or personal perspective.

                                so yes, by all means come up to a level of obedience if that means
                                civil conduct toward others. then try for higher levels of
                                existence. respect and honor, love and equality.

                                when i have to bend to obidence. i have left the platue of love and
                                respect.

                                of course following obidence can prevent a bunch of pain and
                                suffering in just doing what is told and said to do. like a
                                thougtless process not needing or wanting more. cause all should be
                                fulfilled from the sheer obidence of all acts in according to some
                                one elses and god's thinking.

                                well i don't think so. if you are without love or respect or the
                                inabiltiy to develop such. then by all means. strive for obidence.

                                and our world will be a better place. but don't force your thinking
                                upon ones who love god and try to love one another in the same breath.

                                understand this? understand this and the world will come to better.
                                if you don't understand this. then do strive toward obey toward god
                                and maybe some form of love.

                                beautiful2afault

                                --- In gnosticism2@y..., "domiati" <domiati@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                                the
                                > millionaire himself but his wife, son, or daughter. The question is
                                > this: can aiming at wealth bring happiness to the individual? In
                                most
                                > cases the answer is NO. Is the purpose of collecting wealth is a
                                > standing purpose? As we know, the child of five years does not look
                                > for wealth: he prepares a toy to a million dollars. The adolescent
                                of
                                > eighteen does not dream of wealth because he is busy with more
                                > important things. The old man of ninety years does not care for
                                > money, he is worried more about his health. This proves that wealth
                                > cannot be a standing purpose in all the stages of the individual's
                                > life.
                                >
                                > Wealth can do a little to bring happiness to a disbeliever, because
                                > disbeliever is not sure about his end or his fate. A disbeliever
                                does
                                > not know the purpose of life. And if he has a purpose, this purpose
                                > is doomed to be temporary or self destructive.
                                >
                                > What is the use of wealth to a disbeliever if he feels scared of
                                the
                                > end and skeptical of everything. A disbeliever may gain a lot of
                                > money, but surely loses himself.
                                >
                                > Worshipping Allah as an Aim
                                >
                                > On the contrary, faith in Allah gives the believer the purpose of
                                > life he needs. In Islam, the purpose of life is to worship Allah.
                                The
                                > term "Worship" covers all acts of obedience to Allah.
                                >
                                > The Islamic purpose of life is a standing purpose. The true Muslim
                                > sticks to this purpose throughout all the stages of his life,
                                whether
                                > he is a child, adolescent, adult, or an old man.
                                >
                                > Worshipping Allah makes life purposeful and meaning especially with
                                > the framework of Islam. According to Islam this worldly life is
                                just
                                > a short stage of our life. Then there is the other life. The first
                                > life and the second life are by the death stage, which is a
                                > transitory stage of the second life. The type of the second life a
                                > person deserves depends on his deeds in the first life. At the end
                                of
                                > the death stage comes the day of judgment On this day, Allah
                                rewards
                                > or punishes people according to their deeds in the first life.
                                >
                                > The First Life as an Examination
                                >
                                > So Islam looks at the first life as an examination of man. The
                                death
                                > stage is similar to a rest period after the test, i. e., after the
                                > first life. The Day of Judgment is similar to the day of announcing
                                > the results of the examines. The second life is the time when each
                                > examinee enjoys or suffers from the outcome of his behaviour during
                                > the test period.
                                >
                                > In Islam, the line of life is clear, simple, and logical: the first
                                > life, death then the Day of Judgement, and then the second life.
                                With
                                > this clear line of life, the Muslim has a clear purpose in life.
                                The
                                > Muslims knows he is created by Allah. The Muslim knows he is going
                                > spend some years in this first life, during which he has to obey
                                God,
> [...]
                                > in Him, and worship Him alone.
                                >
                                > We should also know our Prophet whom Allah had sent to all mankind,
                                > believe in Him and follow Him. We should, know the religion of
                                truth
                                > which our Lord has commanded us to believe in, and practice it..
                                >
                                > Those in search of truth
                                >
                                > Who have an open mind and heart,
                                >
                                > Islamic Education Foundation
                                >
                                > Welcome You.
                                >
                                > Objectives: -
                                >
                                > To Convey the message of Islam
                                >
                                > To Educate Muslims aboof Islam
                                >
                                > To keep in close contact with new Muslims.
                                >
                                > Activities:
                                >
                                > Offering Courses and presenting lectures about Islam in several
                                > languages.
                                >
                                > Teaching Islam and Arabic.
                                >
                                > Teaching new Muslims to receive the Holy Quran.
                                >
                                > Helping Non- Muslims embrace Islam and complete the required
                              • beautiful2afault
                                Message 15 of 26 , Sep 4, 2002
                                  it was not that religion was hijacked but love

                                  love was hijacked by relgion and conformed squashed into the
                                  some human understanding for that particular time and age.

                                  don't do this, do do that, and all the rules associated with control
                                  because humanity can not seem to control their own sexual and
                                  emotional aims.

                                  ah the procreation of our loins
                                  may it be civil, may it be love, may it be consentual.

                                  beautiful2afault

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Sep 4, 2002
                                    --- In gnosticism2@y..., pessy@c... wrote:
                                    > incognito_lightbringer writes:
                                    > > What about the Cathar endura?
                                    >
                                    > Suicide by starving tends to be licit, as it can be a consequence of
                                    > mortification of the Thelema.
                                    > Fast active suicides are, to the contrary, usually a form of
                                    > affirmation of the Thelema, with very rare exceptions
                                    > like those of Philip Mainlaender and Mario de Sa'-Carneiro
                                    > This has been shown e.g. by A. Schopenhauer's
                                    > "Welt als Wille und Vorstellung"
                                    >

                                    > Klaus Schilling

                                    Notwithstanding past discussions in our group as to whether Cathars
                                    considered the sacrament of Consolamentum to be of ultimate
                                    significance in liberation instead of Gnosis in their soteriology,
                                    the Cathar endura was nonetheless according to the author in the
                                    following link,
                                    "… not attested in early Catharist sources, but, it does appear to
                                    have been a practice among the late (and extremely peculiar) Cathars
                                    of Montaillou in the fourteenth century. Much in their beliefs and
                                    practices is unusual, and although Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie's account,
                                    _Montaillou_, is perhaps the most widely known work on the Cathars,
                                    neither it, nor the heretics it describes can be taken as typical."

                                    http://www.gnosis.org/consolamentum.html

                                    As to one view on Schopenhauer ~

                                    http://people.brandeis.edu/~teuber/schopenbio.html#_dieweltalswilleund
                                    vorstellung

                                    "Within philosophy itself, Schopenhauer is important for having
                                    broken with his Idealist contemporaries both in espousing a down-to-
                                    earth materialism and in forsaking philosophic jargon in favor of a
                                    limpid and vigorous literary style. He put forward a metaphysics of
                                    the will which approached life in concrete terms (his psychological
                                    insights often anticipate Freud) and resulted in a pessimistic
                                    attitude to the cosmos. Schopenhauer held that there are two ways to
                                    combat the tyranny of the will. The first is through art, at its most
                                    exalted in music; it is this aspect that entitles him to be thought
                                    of as the exemplarily Romantic philosopher, expounding (in Thomas
                                    Mann's phrase) a `Künstlerphilosophie [artist's philosophy] par
                                    excellence.' The second path lies in an ethic of asceticism and self-
                                    overcoming; Schopenhauer was one of the first Western thinkers to
                                    take seriously Hindu and Buddhist philosophy."

                                    and

                                    "But art offers only a temporary exit from the phenomenal world--the
                                    world of suffering, of practical affairs, of causal determinism. The
                                    more lasting path is not aesthetic but ethical. The individual,
                                    Schopenhauer argues, ought to overcome the chains of desire that
                                    enslave him to the will; the ideal is disillusioned, ascetic turning
                                    away from the world. It would be better not to have been born; yet
                                    suicide is a mistake, since it rules out the possibility of self-
                                    overcoming."

                                    Cari
                                  • alexis johnson
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Sep 4, 2002

                                      An interesting read. Cari, although as for the "Diabola est Deus Inversus", I've recently come to the conclusion that God and the Devil are a vaudeville act (as she peers fearfully up at the sky waiting for the lightning bolt to strike).

                                      Is the Demiurge 'God' or the 'Devil' or both?  I once wrote a poem about "God and the Devil dancing around me trading off masks" so I was never sure who was who or what was what.

                                      Blackfire

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Sep 5, 2002
                                        Coffee is a stongly psychoactive material?!?!?! Even one cup when
                                        you're rushing off to work in the morning? What about weak tea with
                                        milk and honey? (I hate to even ask about chocolate, the Inca kings
                                        drank 100 cups a day of that stuff).
                                        Klaus, are you a Mormon?
                                        Hoeller tells an amusing story in one of his lectures how the Mormons
                                        came to Austria to convert the locals. His mother was complaining
                                        that they wanted everyone to give coffee up, and that just wouldn't
                                        do. They didn't have a very successful mission.

                                      • pessy@chez.com
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Sep 5, 2002
                                          incognito_lightbringer writes:

                                          > Klaus, are you a Mormon?

                                          No way.
                                          Morons violate celibacy and veganism
                                          without even a glimpse of malconscience.
                                          They even justify marriage and procreation. *vomit*
                                          They also deny palingenetic reincarnation.
                                          In addition, they are against docetism.
                                          On top of all, they are personalistic theists.
                                          They also deny the inherent evilness of creation.
                                          So I'm nowhere near the Morons,
                                          even scored 0% in the belief-o-matic test.

                                          Klaus Schilling
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Sep 5, 2002
                                            Heh, heh. Incognito, I sit here finally with my first cup of coffee
                                            of the day (even though I've been up and busy for over three hours
                                            already) to read again through various thoughtful responses from
                                            members to my evolutionary quandary.

                                            Be back later when I attempt to put some thoughts together,
                                            influenced though they may be by ingestion of this "strongly
                                            psychoactive" drink.

                                            And, Klaus, I just read your most recent post. Your spelling
                                            of "Mormons" was surely just a typographical error? And, although
                                            you are certainly entitled to your lifestyle, I'll try to ignore
                                            the "vomit" comment, too.

                                            Cheers,
                                            Cari :-)

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Sep 5, 2002
                                              --- In gnosticism2@y..., alexis johnson <blackfire_al@y...> wrote:

                                              > An interesting read. Cari, although as for the "Diabola est Deus
                                              Inversus", I've recently come to the conclusion that God and the
                                              Devil are a vaudeville act (as she peers fearfully up at the sky
                                              waiting for the lightning bolt to strike).

                                              > Is the Demiurge 'God' or the 'Devil' or both? I once wrote a poem
                                              about "God and the Devil dancing around me trading off masks" so I
                                              was never sure who was who or what was what.
                                              > Blackfire

                                              Do you still have the poem? It sounds interesting.

                                              Anyway, Blackfire, in Gnostic mythology the deity who created the
                                              material world is not the same as the True God or Bythos. The
                                              mythological creator god takes on a range of characteristics from
                                              evil (Sethian) to a more foolish, capricious deity (Valentinian)
                                              depending on the Gnostic school.

                                              The article in this link will give you an introduction to the
                                              Demiurge in Valentinianism ~

                                              http://www.cyberus.ca/~brons/demiurge.htm
                                              from the text:
                                              ".. the Demiurge in Valentinianism is quite different in character
                                              from the hostile creator figure familiar from other schools of
                                              Gnosticism. In the Sethian school, for example, the Demiurge is a
                                              hostile demonic force who creates the material world in order to trap
                                              the spiritual elements. In contrast, Valentinians "show a relatively
                                              positive attitude towards the craftsman of the world or god of
                                              Israel" (Layton 1987). Valentinians insisted that while the Demiurge
                                              may be a bit foolish, he certainly could not be considered evil.
                                              Instead, he has a role to play in the process of redemption."

                                              Cari
                                            • pessy@chez.com
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Sep 6, 2002
                                                alexis johnson writes:

                                                > Is the Demiurge 'God' or the 'Devil' or both?

                                                Both the demiurge and the devil are Archons, nowhere near the Divine.

                                                Klaus Schilling