selectsmart test

  • pessy@chez.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21, 2002
      http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE?select.php?client=gnostic

      It looks a lot like pasted from Hoeller's whatisgnostic page.
      I've got a

      You either are already a Gnostic,
      or are as close as one can get without being one.

      Of course the test is no very formal, as the test maker admitted.

      Klaus Schilling
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2002
        --- In gnosticism2@y..., pessy@c... wrote:

        > http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE?select.php?client=gnostic
        >

        > It looks a lot like pasted from Hoeller's whatisgnostic page.
        > I've got a
        >
        > You either are already a Gnostic,
        > or are as close as one can get without being one.
        >

        > Of course the test is no very formal, as the test maker admitted.
        >

        > Klaus Schilling

        Hi, Klaus. Looks like fun anyway. I've gotta run now, but I'll be
        back later to check it out. In the meantime, I'll post a corrected
        link for anyone interested.

        http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=Gnostic

        Cari
      • eris never died.
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2002
          On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 pessy@... wrote:

          > http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE?select.php?client=gnostic
          >

          > It looks a lot like pasted from Hoeller's whatisgnostic page.
          > I've got a
          >
          > You either are already a Gnostic,
          > or are as close as one can get without being one.
          >

          > Of course the test is no very formal, as the test maker admitted.

          i got the same result as you.

          the link you posted didnt work though, i had to go to the main page and
          snoop around through the links, and close about 50 popup ads :)

          john.
        • pessy@chez.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21, 2002
            eris never died. writes:

            > the link you posted didnt work though, i had to go to the main page and
            > snoop around through the links, and close about 50 popup ads :)

            someone corrected the link a few posts ago.
            i use a textbrowser, so i don't get the popup ads

            There are more tests about belief systems on that site,
            even a second one involving gnosticism,

            my result was:

            1. traditional xtian gnostic
            2. gnostic
            3. modern age xtian gnostic
            4. mainstream xtian
            5. fundie xtian

            there's no explanation of the result given by the testmaker,
            so i'm trying to figure out by trial and error,
            how the testmaker defines modern age vs. traditional xtian gnostics

            Klaus Schilling
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 22, 2002
              --- In gnosticism2@y..., pessy@c... wrote:
              > eris never died. writes:
              > >
              > > the link you posted didnt work though, i had to go to the main
              page and
              > > snoop around through the links, and close about 50 popup ads :)
              >
              > someone corrected the link a few posts ago.
              > i use a textbrowser, so i don't get the popup ads
              >
              > There are more tests about belief systems on that site,
              > even a second one involving gnosticism,
              >
              > my result was:
              >
              > 1. traditional xtian gnostic
              > 2. gnostic
              > 3. modern age xtian gnostic
              > 4. mainstream xtian
              > 5. fundie xtian
              >
              > there's no explanation of the result given by the testmaker,
              > so i'm trying to figure out by trial and error,
              > how the testmaker defines modern age vs. traditional xtian gnostics
              >
              > Klaus Schilling

              Well, Klaus, I took the quiz and ended up with the same results as
              you and John. Gnostic "faith"? lol Also, the first statement which
              reads, "I believe in spiritual entropy, that at the beginning there
              was an original spiritual being that came to be split into multiple
              beings," certainly is different from Hoeller's point ("What is a
              Gnostic?"), "The Gnostics posited an original spiritual unity that
              came to be split into a plurality." I had a problem with the
              terminology "spiritual being." But then, I won't be picky. The quiz
              was interesting in that at least it would separate those who had more
              of a general familiarity and agreement with historical Gnosticism
              from those don't.

              Oh, BTW, Klaus, I took that second test, too
              (http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=christgnostic ).
              The creator of the test apparently claims to be able to categorize us
              according to the designations you wrote. I received the same order
              of the five categories that you did. A note did say that in the rank
              system, "#1 equals your best match." The first three listed were
              linked to Gnostic sites, while the last two (Christian) were not (why
              bother, eh? lol). So, I wonder how this tester differentiates
              between the first two categories, "traditional Christian Gnostic"
              and "Gnostic"? And what on earth is a "modern age Christian
              Gnostic"? For that matter, we've even been discussing in our group
              whether we should use the term "Gnostic" at all. lol

              Well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this fun nonsense.
              Amazing what we can find on the web. ;-)