Re: [Gnosticism] Digest Number 119

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 8:10 AM
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., girts zadins <gzadins@y...> wrote:
      > I appologize that this is OT, but has anyone heard of
      > a pre-christian religon in Latvia / Latvija, called
      > Dievturi?
      > Thanks,

      Yes, as you write, Girts, Dievturi is OT unless you have some
      interest in comparing it to traditional Gnosticism. Dievturi
      means "those who hold God's laws" in Latvian. The founder, Ernest
      Brastins, tried to revive Latvian ancient religion in the 1920's.
      I'm sure you could find information on this topic in a good search
      engine, should that be your interest.