Request for Translation

  • NMSkies2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2002
      I already asked those on the GnosticThought list, so I
      apologize for those who subscribe to both.

      I am working on translating a few words into Latin.
      Given that the meaning is heavily Gnostic, the
      standard Latin dictionary lacks the subtlties. I am
      trying to translate the following:

      Empowerment : Potens

      Enlightenment : Video

      Love : Amare, or Agape (even though the latter is
      Greek)

      They ar to understood in the following context:

      Empowerment, Enlightenment, and Love are the three
      pillars of the temple of the Christ.

      Any ideas??

      - Sean

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • ernststrohregenmantelrad
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2002
        Why do you need these phrases to be in Latin?

        Words are just words and this is a linguist speaking here.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2002
          Latin and Greek still have some power to them.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 18, 2002
            Well, good luck on your endeavor.

            but remember the old italian saying:

            "traduttore e traditore"