Re: [Gnosticism] Re: FW: Deleted Senders

  • Paul Joseph Rovelli
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2002

      Hi Ernststrohregenmantelrad,

      93

      Please see my previous post.

      93/93

      pj

       ernststrohregenmantelrad wrote:

      AND I SUPPOSE YOU AND ALSO DELATING MY POST DIRECTLY, LOL.

      I don't dislike Crowley or any other New Agers but what I stress is
      that they are not really Esoterism on par with pre-Enlightenment
      thinking like the Coutly Love or Renaissance Hermeticism and certainly
      not the classical Gnosticism.

      > ----------
      > > From: "Amentii" <amentii@p...>
      > > Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:55:52 -0700
      > > To: <coraxo@e...>, "pmcv" <pmcvflag@y...>
      > > Subject: Deleted Senders
      > >
      > > Dear Coraxo,
      > >
      > > Because you seem so esteemed to reply to me in a hostile fashion,
      I should
      > > at least benefit you with informing you that your messages are
      directly sent
      > > to my trash bin and that I hope to continue enlightening
      conversation with
      > > other members of the list who don't have internalized and therefore
      > > externalized hatred of Aleister Crowley and so then decide to
      attack me
      > > personally with that dislike.
      > >
      > > I have my own opinions of Crowley, OTO, etc., and what that means for
      > > "gnosticism", "initiation" etc., and those can be discussed on the
      thelema
      > > lists of which there are several.  I was discussing courtly love
      and the
      > > modern day ideology of what I feel that means, for me at least.
      If you want
      > > to drudge up your hatred of Crowley and Thelema, that is your right I
      > > suppose (man has the right to speak as he will.)  At least, in
      accord with
      > > what the list moderators will allow.
      > >
      > > However, I will not be the brunt of your hatred and attack because
      of what
      > > you like or dislike... I have a different worldview and opinion
      than you,
      > > but you honestly do not know me and cannot judge me simply because I
      > > mentioned Crowley or Thelema in a letter.  It seems if anything
      YOU are
      > > dragging the list down with your hatred and antagonism against a
      system,
      > > rather than those of us who might respect some of what Crowley said or
      > > thought.
      > >
      > > In light of that, I won't continue the conversation and you can
      hash it out
      > > with the list moderators with whether this is meaningful for the
      purpose of
      > > this list.
      > >
      > > Thank you, and  have a nice day.
      > >
      > > Fraternally,
      > >
      > > Amentii
      > >

      > > 'Oh! King, wouldst thou know where lies the Strange Land where
      dwell the
      > > Disciples of the Path - the Seekers after Truth? Turn to thy
      Heart; hidden
      > > therein lieth the magnificent Temple of Human Knowledge, but the
      Key to the
      > > Gate thereof God alone can give'.  ~From the vision of Sheikh Haji
      Ibrahim

      Do You Yahoo!?