Wedding to the Angel

  • Coraxo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2002
      Wedding to the Angel The concept of the wedding to the angel was a concept in Valentinian gnosticism
      as we can see in Irenaeus' Adv. Haer. Book I. chap. Vii; 1

      These, then, are the bridegroom and bride, while the nuptial chamber is the full extent of the Pleroma. The spiritual seed, again, being divested of their animal souls,(2) and becoming intelligent spirits, shall in an irresistible and invisible manner enter in within the Pleroma, and be bestowed as brides on those angels who wait upon the Saviour.

      Yet this is the Bridal Chamber for the pneumatic who has taken the soteriologic gnosis of the Savior.

      Corax