Re: [Gnosticism] The Passion of Human Existence.

  • Enheduanna
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2002
      Re: [Gnosticism] The Passion of Human Existence.
      Gal. 1:3

      Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made
      perfect by the flesh?

      There is this quote too which I was searching for yesterday.

      So even if the pneumatic conforms to the Law for the edification of the psychics, as Paul advocates, the pneumatic is not perfected by it.

      And then in Gal 2:21 there is:

      I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained by the Law, then Christ died for nothing.

      So again there is the insistence that the individual dies in christ and is reborn in the spirit.  The Law is not salvific.