Re: [Gnosticism] Fun With Scripture [Was: Pneumatics in aPsychic Church]

  • Enheduanna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27 2:12 PM
      Re: [Gnosticism] Fun With Scripture  [Was: Pneumatics in a Psychic Church]
      Oh but you have worked so hard on this project and surely deserve all the credit.

      Wouldn't it be horribly mean if someone swooped in and delivered the solution just as you were about to crack it yourself!!  ;-)

      From: "s_e_k_h_m_e_t" <argot@...>
      Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:56:20 -0000
      To: gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com

      --- In gnosticism2@y..., Coraxo <coraxo@e...> wrote:

      > That is my take on this so far; and I sure wish someone could
      > straighten me out about this Kabbalah stuff which I am having a
      > real struggle  with,

      LOL ;-)

      > but like sufism and vedanta, Kabbalism seems to stop at the level
      > of the mystical apprehension of the Creator - whether we call
      > him Vishnu, Jehovah or Allah.
      >
      > Gnosticism is the only mythos which accounts for the Creator on a
      > level which seems plausible; akin to the level of the Devas and
      > Asuras in Buddhism - yes they are Gods, yes they create, but they
      > like humans and other creatures are originated.

      Well here is a very nice gnostic quote from the Tripartate Tractate:

      "Because of this, he is single in the proper sense, and is a god,
      because no one is a god for him nor is anyone a father to him. For he
      is unbegotten, and there is no other who begot him, nor another who
      created him. For whoever is someone's father or his creator, he, too,
      has a father and creator. It is certainly possible for him to be
      father and creator of the one who came into being from him and the
      one whom he created, for he is not a father in the proper sense, nor
      a god, because he has someone who begot him and who created him. It
      is, then, only the Father and God in the proper sense that no one
      else begot. As for the Totalities, he is the one who begot them and
      created them. He is without beginning and without end. "

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT