Re: Pagels, Scholars, Gnostic Links

  • s_e_k_h_m_e_t
    Message 1 of 44 , Jun 8, 2002
      Well perhaps I am mixing systems but I would worry about
      eating the cucumber.

      If one posits the cucumber is inhabited by a plant spirit,
      (perhaps one that has evolved through stones and worms etc, or
      even been an auditing gnostic at some stage, perhaps that spirit
      would be doing a good enough job of its own to liberate the light
      from the cucumber.

      Could one just ify slaughtering a bird or an animal which may be
      addressing the issue similarly.

      I thought about plastic as a non carnivorous, non-plant potential
      foodstuff, but then when I came to consider actually swallowing
      the stuff I started to think about chocloate instead.

      Arguably in the chocolate one is interacting with thc cocoa plant
      spirit, although if one buys it in the UK the interaction will be
      more with trans and saturated fats, and a mix of sugar which
      has probably never seen a sugarcane and milk which has
      already travelled a very long way since last providing a home for
      the grass spirit.

      A prime candidate for light regeneration, surely.

      Felis

      --- In gnosticism2@y..., hey_market <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > You hit on a tough question, one that begs a consideration of
      being
      > either a liberator or the liberated.
      >
      > Consider that chocolate, for all of its tempting density, must be
      > relatively bad for you, or at least not as liberating as eating a
      > light and spiritually spritely slice of cucumber. Certainly we feel
      > better about the world after eating chocolate than a cucumber.
      >
      > However, while eating a cucumber may be better for you due it
      > liberating value, eating chocolate is better for the chocolate
      due to
      > your liberating value.
      >
      > It kinda goes back to the whole "blessed-is-the-lion-eaten-by-
      a-man,
      > but-cursed-is-the-man-eaten-by-the-lion" thang.
      >
      > I reckon cucumber eaters are buddhas of light while chocolate
      eaters
      > are bodhisattvas off light liberation.
      >
      > --- In gnosticism2@y..., s_e_k_h_m_e_t <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > > Hmmm. Perhaps I will have that chocolate after all. ;-)
      > >
      > > Felis Mala
      > >

      > > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "morphodyte" <morphodyte@y...>
      wrote:

      > > > For example, the process of digestion through which light
      is
      > > > refined back into consciousness and delivered back into
      the
      > > > Realm of Light by the Elect at the ritual feast is discussed
      in
      > the
      > > > book.
      > > >
      > > > I recommend it.
      > > >
      > > > yes, this is my first post to this list, I have a long standing
      > > interest
      > > > in Gnosticism, some of you may recognize me from
      > > > GnosticThought and elsewhere.
      > > >
      > > > Morph
    • ernststrohregenmantelrad
      Message 44 of 44 , Jun 11, 2002