Re: Pagels, Scholars, Gnostic Links

  • play_nice_now
    Message 1 of 44 , Jun 7, 2002
      Interesting. I wonder if Einstein saw this when he discovered that
      E=MC squared? Speed matter up enough it becomes energy [light?]. slow
      the energy down enough it becomes matter. He may have been describing
      the very essence of existence. Spirituality through math. What a
      concept!

      peace,
      play

      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "morphodyte" <morphodyte@y...> wrote:
      > --- In gnosticism2@y..., lady_caritas wrote:
      > it lists a book, _The Manichaean Body
      > > in Discipline and Ritual_ , by Jason David BeDuhn.
      >
      > jason BeDuhn teaches at NAU in Flagstaff, or did when the book
      > came out.
      >
      > I recommend this book, in part because he discusses the
      > resolution of the radical dualism of gnosticism as understood in
      > the spirit=good, matter=bad dichotomy, using the Manichaean
      > view of transumtation and refinement of Light from matter.
      >
      > While many criticise Manichean thought as being dichotomous,
      > the resolution of the dichotomy is accounted for by the
      > Manichean practice of delivering Light trapped from matter.
      >
      > For example, the process of digestion through which light is
      > refined back into consciousness and delivered back into the
      > Realm of Light by the Elect at the ritual feast is discussed in the
      > book.
      >
      > I recommend it.
      >
      > yes, this is my first post to this list, I have a long standing
      interest
      > in Gnosticism, some of you may recognize me from
      > GnosticThought and elsewhere.
      >
      > Morph
    • ernststrohregenmantelrad
      Message 44 of 44 , Jun 11, 2002