This may be interesting for you

  • ZELITCHENK
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2002
      From: "Alexander" <zeli@...>
      Subject: This may be interesting for you
      Date: 5 èþíÿ 2002 ã. 21:19

      Dear friends;

      The questions we discuss here in this group are too complex to
      explain something significant in short messages, which is only genre
      appropriate for group discussion.

      It took more than 5 years for me to begin understand some of these
      questions. I tried to reflect this understanding in my book "The
      scientist's Conversations with the Teacher. Science and Esoterics".
      Later I spent more than $3000 and about 1 year of lifetime to hire
      professional translators and to translate together with them the book
      from Russian into English because I want to share these "insights"
      with you. Now the book is on the Web - www.geocities.com/zelitchenk -
      and you can read it (free - this is not hidden advertisement, at
      least, not in usual meaning of word).

      The main problem that moved my work was the relationships between
      scientific thought (I has degrees in physics, mathematics and
      computer science and many years taught psychology in Moscow
      University), on the one hand, and religious/esoteric one, on the
      other. I wanted to trust in God, but I can not. How can I trust
      in "non-scientific" God? I felt the hidden Truth of "esoteric books",
      but I was not able to fit it into the system of scientific views.
      Thus, it was necessary to clarify - what are both scientific and
      esoteric knowledge? To do so, I had to think about wide variety of
      subjects.

      The main topics of the book - What is Real World? What is God? What
      is human being, his place and his destination in the World?
      The "minor topics" include the nature of subtle matters - "physics of
      subtle"; World Hierarchy and their members, including those we
      call "angel" and "demon"; subtle bodies of human being; human ability
      to be aware spiritually; development of human being as development of
      his spiritual awareness; the nature of death and after-death; fate
      and karma, and some others.

      It was written for you. Please read it. And, of course, your feedback
      is appreciated.

      Sincerely yours,
      Alexander Zelitchenko
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2002
        Hey Alexander, and welcome.

        It is true that the question delt with in this club are really far to
        complex to deal with in these short posts. And, as far as "trusting
        God", well, Gnostics tend to not trust "God" anyways so I think that
        the topic would be mute here. It should be interesting to have
        another mathmatician in here (you are the third or fourth), however,
        this is not a club about "esotericism" in general, it is specifically
        about Gnosticism (in the traditional meaning of the word). Perhaps
        your research for the book also brought up the subject of Gnosticism?
        For the sake of staying on track, perhaps you can give us your
        opinion on Gnostic ideals in specific.

        PMCV

        > The questions we discuss here in this group are too complex to
        > explain something significant in short messages, which is only
        genre
        > appropriate for group discussion.
        >
        > It took more than 5 years for me to begin understand some of these
        > questions. I tried to reflect this understanding in my book "The
        > scientist's Conversations with the Teacher. Science and Esoterics".
        > Later I spent more than $3000 and about 1 year of lifetime to hire
        > professional translators and to translate together with them the
        book
        > from Russian into English because I want to share these "insights"
        > with you. Now the book is on the Web -
        www.geocities.com/zelitchenk -
        > and you can read it (free - this is not hidden advertisement, at
        > least, not in usual meaning of word).
        >
        > The main problem that moved my work was the relationships between
        > scientific thought (I has degrees in physics, mathematics and
        > computer science and many years taught psychology in Moscow
        > University), on the one hand, and religious/esoteric one, on the
        > other. I wanted to trust in God, but I can not. How can I trust
        > in "non-scientific" God? I felt the hidden Truth of "esoteric
        books",
        > but I was not able to fit it into the system of scientific views.
        > Thus, it was necessary to clarify - what are both scientific and
        > esoteric knowledge? To do so, I had to think about wide variety of
        > subjects.
        >
        > The main topics of the book - What is Real World? What is God? What
        > is human being, his place and his destination in the World?
        > The "minor topics" include the nature of subtle matters - "physics
        of
        > subtle"; World Hierarchy and their members, including those we
        > call "angel" and "demon"; subtle bodies of human being; human
        ability
        > to be aware spiritually; development of human being as development
        of
        > his spiritual awareness; the nature of death and after-death; fate
        > and karma, and some others.
        >
        > It was written for you. Please read it. And, of course, your
        feedback
        > is appreciated.
        >
        > Sincerely yours,
        > Alexander Zelitchenko
      • ZELITCHENK
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2002
          OK. The difference between gnosticism and esotericism exist, only
          when we look from the point of view of history of culture. When we
          look from the point of view of interest to what is Real World, i.e.
          of onthology, there is no any difference, becouse all esoteric
          teaching, including Gnosticism are about the same understanding of
          World. To understand World it is necessary to understand God (at
          least in extent human being able to do this). Thus, the problem "How
          to trust in God" cannot be irrelevant to any discussion about
          Gnosticism. I do not understand the last request. If you ask
          about "ideals", then I do not know some special "gnostic ideals". If
          you meant "ideas", then I do share these ideas completely. But to
          share them, first of all it is necessary to understand them. This is
          the task, I spoke in my first mes and my book about.

          AZ

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2002
            >Thus, the problem "How to trust in God" cannot be irrelevant to any
            discussion about Gnosticism.<

            True, it is relevent, and possably an interesting topic to go into.
            TO some extent it is the underlying motif in the conversation between
            Play and I. Feel free to join in if you wish... it is after all a
            public discussion ;)