Re: [Gnosticism] Intro

  • Rob Thompson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2002

      Julie,

      You are on the right path. Elaine Pagel's book is the commentary you are looking for. She writes about how the bible was shaped in reguards to gnostic wisdom. I think you will enjoy it.

      Rob

        wigginsmum <julie.james27@...> wrote:

      Hi - I'm Julie, and I've just joined the list. I was an evangelical
      Christian for a few years and am now a Wiccan but recently read the
      Freke/Gandy 'Jesus Mysteries' and feel there's some fascinating stuff
      in there. I've lined up their 'Jesus and the Lost Goddess' and Elaine
      Pagel's 'Gnostic Gospels' for future exploration. I'll read back
      through the archives when I get a chance so as not to bore you all
      with repeats.

      A question: does anyone know of a Gnostic commentary on the Bible as
      it exists now?

      Thanks,
      Julie

      Do You Yahoo!?