more on Nature's importance

  • play_nice_now
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2002
      I'm sorry if this isn't considered gnostic but it may help clear up
      what Lady Caritas and I were talking about. At least the point I
      was trying to make about the importance of becoming a student
      of nature anyway. This is a reading from the Gospel of Peace --
      Book one:

      And Jesus himself sat down in their midst and said: "I tell you
      truly, none can be happy, except he do the Law."

      And the others answered: "We all do the laws of Moses, our
      lawgiver, even as they are written in the holy scriptures."

      And Jesus answered: "Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the
      law is life, whereas the scripture is dead. I tell you truly, Moses
      received not his laws from God in writing, but through the living
      word. The law is living word of living God to living prophets for
      living men. In everything that is life is the law written. You find
      it in
      the grass, in the tree, in the river, in the mountain, in the birds
      of
      heaven, in the fishes of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves.
      For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the
      scripture which is without life. God so made life and all living
      things that they might by the everlasting word teach the laws of
      the true God to man. God wrote not the laws in the pages of
      books, but in your heart and in your spirit. They are in your breath,
      your blood, your bone; in your flesh, your bowels, your eyes, your
      ears, and in every little part of your body. They are present in the
      air, in the water, in the earth, in the plants, in the sunbeams, in
      the depths and in the heights. They all speak to you that you may
      understand the tongue and the will of the living God. But you shut
      your eyes that you may not see, and you shut your ears that you
      may not hear. I tell you truly, that the scripture is the work of
      man,
      but life and all its hosts are the work of our God. Wherefore do
      you not listen to the words of God which are written in His
      works? And wherefore do you study the dead scriptures which
      are the work of the hands of men?"

      Interesting questions. Now let's compare and contrast this with
      the gnostic verses we have been using here of late:

      " . . . the kingdom is inside of you. And it is outside of you.
      When you become acquainted with yourselves, then you will be
      recognized. And you will understand that it is you who are
      children
      of the living father. . ." (GTh, Logion 3)

      and:

      "His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
      Jesus said, "It will not come by looking outward. It will not say
      'Behold, this side' or 'Behold, that one.' Rather, the kingdom of
      the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."

      See the similarities? Has the Salvific Christ Message become
      clearer or muddier?

      peace,
      play