Re: Modification of the sensate being

  • play_nice_now
    Message 1 of 69 , Apr 17, 2002
      It is incredibly interesting to me to see the many different
      incarnations, or iterations of belief and faith that the human being
      can muster up. Gnosticism is certainly not any different. To think
      you will know things outside this material universe certainly takes
      faith and some form of belief. At least as much as I'm defining it.
      It is good to see. *SMILES*

      We were also talking about modifying the sensate being. Can we get
      back to that? This modification, how do you see it, PMCV? What needs
      to be changed about our being? I'm assuming that we are talking about
      changing it for the better? I don't see us as being flawed. I see us
      as being perfect. Just the way we are. I don't see this existence as
      a trap, or a mistake. I see it as an incredibly valuable experience
      for our spirits which are, as you say, eternal and permanent. We are
      truly masters because we can upset the balance nature seeks. "Ye are
      gods" - The book of Isaiah.

      Yes my friend, the Gnostic perspective and whatever mine is called
      still gets us to the same place. Back to the Prime Source from which
      we came. I find this is true no matter what one believes, even
      atheists. I came to this club because I was invited to come. I came
      because I don't know what to call myself and want to share my
      thoughts. I have read what I thought to be texts that were considered
      Gnostic. Like the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of truth and the
      Gospel of Peace and the Gospel of the Holy Twelve. I see now that I
      could be wrong about this.

      I'm not in the wrong place by the way. I'm glad that we can share our
      beliefs in the way that we do. It is refreshing and a privaledge to
      speak with you all. I have learned much already. Thank you.

      peace,
      play
      Message 69 of 69 , Apr 22, 2002
        Say, Will, not to confuse you any more, but . . .just for fun, since
        we both are not adverse to a transferred language of metaphor, I
        invite you and any other members who wish to join in, to read through
        _The Gospel of Thomas_ to see if you find any metaphorical language
        that makes sense to you. (This is not a requirement BTW, just an
        invitation to get a feel for a bit of metaphorical language used in
        the environs around here. LOL)

        For those who do not have a copy of the text, an online version can
        be found here ~

        http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html