Another new member

  • play_nice_now
    Message 1 of 69 , Apr 8, 2002
      That would be me. Hi all. Peace be with you.

      I'm not sure that I would call myself a "gnostic" yet, but .... I'm
      especially interested in the ancient Essenes and what they had to
      teach us. Especially moving for me is the Gospel of Peace and the
      Gospel of the Holy Twelve. Many questions about the Dead Sea Scrolls
      and those found at Nag Hammadi.

      But, I'm open to anything real. Truth is truth. I'm glad to be here.

      play ~ how many gnostics does it take to screw in a light bulb? ~
      Message 69 of 69 , Apr 22, 2002
        Say, Will, not to confuse you any more, but . . .just for fun, since
        we both are not adverse to a transferred language of metaphor, I
        invite you and any other members who wish to join in, to read through
        _The Gospel of Thomas_ to see if you find any metaphorical language
        that makes sense to you. (This is not a requirement BTW, just an
        invitation to get a feel for a bit of metaphorical language used in
        the environs around here. LOL)

        For those who do not have a copy of the text, an online version can
        be found here ~

        http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html