Re: New Member

  • wherecar54
    Message 1 of 137 , Apr 8, 2002
      Hi Everyone,

      There are some great thoughts on this thread. I wish to add some

      Hey Market wrote:And so, we may reject this REALITY, through first we
      recognize what we are rejecting.

      My thoughts: While it is true, that in Gnostic fashion, we reject
      this reality, in recognizing what we are rejecting, we must also
      understand the purpose of the reason for us as individuals being here
      in the first place.
      While we may not desire to be here, we must use the knowledge of who
      and what we are (strengths and shortcomings) to complete our tasks.
      In other words, we must not allow our dislike or lack of desire for
      this world to detract from us completing our purpose for being here
      in the first place. Otherwise, we most certainly will return to
      finish that lesson.
      By seeking Gnosis, we can become enlightened as to exactly what our
      individual purpose is.
      To those who know the Gnostic writings better than I, I hope you can
      post something along these lines of thought.

      Message 137 of 137 , Apr 8, 2006

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "janahooks" <janahooks@...> wrote:

        > [. . .]
        > Gerry and Lady C.,thanks for all of the info and links.…

        Thank you, Jana, for noticing them.

        > Gerry, after looking at the National Geographic link, I was

        > reminded of some suggestions I gave you on faded writing. I'm feeling
        > really good about watery sepia ink and sandpaper...and sand
        > horizontally and vertically...with the gray sandpaper...

        And ya know, that was the one suggestion you wrote me that I was the most hesitant to attempt.  There's something about the dual-layered papyrus and its almost glossy sheen that made me wonder if such coarse measures would destroy the whole thing, but the more I've thought about it (along with your renewed convictions), the more I believe it would indeed yield a desirable finish.  I imagine the weathered results would be akin to repeatedly wadding up a sheet of paper to the point that it becomes more like a thin piece of cloth rather than a crisp piece of paper.  Only this way, you avoid the wrinkles!