New member, new to Gnosticism

  • khulbreeze2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2002
      Peace unto all. My name is Khaldun and I'm a 21 yr. old bi-racial
      male residing in Atl...one of the wickedest places I've ever been.
      As I stated, I am new to Gnosticism and I find it intriguing. I've
      just finished the Nag Hammadi Library and naturally, I do have some
      questions. But I guess my most main question is "how do I KNOW that
      what I've read is Truth?" The texts that I've read were not really
      shocking, but they seriously moved me and now I have this conscience
      about the whole thing. Now, I've read another religious text called
      the Metu Neter which is the Ancient Egyptian Oracle of Tehuti. And I
      was satisfied with that...I'd say it was working for me. I felt a
      sense of Truth in what the author said about humans being in
      connection with all that is in nature (all being differentiated forms
      stemming from the source - which is all that exists in reality, just
      in undifferentiated forms [consciousness/will and energy/matter]).
      Now I come along in the Nag Hammadi to find out that this world and
      it's forms are "phantasms"...fake reflections...and that Nature has
      been defiled...and that we live in the place where there is
      deficiency. But it makes sense or else why would Jesus himself
      advise us to renounce the things of this world and to repent?? I
      don't know. I guess I'm trying to clear up this fuzzy picture. If
      somebody here can help me with this issue and the topic of Gnosticism
      period, then that would be great. Thank you all for taking the time
      to read this and I'm looking forward to some responses, contacts, and
      further conversation.

      Khaldun