Under the Groups wire--pt 1

  • gerryhsp
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2002
      Before Yahoo Groups makes good on its threat to
      makeover this site as well, I�ll try to combine my
      amazing some of the perspectives I�ve taken in at
      different sites over the last several weeks. Sometimes I
      just look on in awe, other times I want to bang my
      head against the desk. I remain perplexed by the fact
      that seemingly kindred (in many regards) spirits can
      still end up stuck in their own, very rigid
      mindsets.<br><br>Very odd, I think, that some of these people who have
      so clearly perceived the errors of religious
      fundamentalist thinking, have often themselves become radical
      fundies of the anti-religious variety. It makes me wonder
      if I have neglected to notice that I, too, have
      merely fallen into a Gnostic trap. While that may seem
      too paradoxical, even for a Gnostic, I think the
      possibility still exists.<br><br>For instance, Cari raised
      the question of Mark Twain�s religious affinity. As I
      had pondered that question, I couldn�t help but
      notice something in common with those other folks I had
      encountered. When someone discovers the �truth� by noticing
      the fallacy of someone else�s thinking, that
      frequently gets mistaken for having discovered the �Truth.�
      If I frustrated myself trying to open a drawer in
      front of my kitchen sink, only to discover that I had
      wasted my time with a faux drawer-front, I might easily
      become too complacent in realizing that that particular
      drawer would never open to remember that I still needed
      to gain access under the sink. Perhaps I would
      conclude that pulling on drawer handles will only result
      in futility. Why should I stop looking altogether,
      though, simply because one choice led nowhere? And yet,
      people do this very thing.
    • patientazna
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2002
        I read of this atrosity. Am I correct in my assumption that the site
        was shut down (forcefully) due to Religious/political issues? That,
        to me, is a cause to stand up and be heard. Our politicians etc,
        seem to fear the TRUTH the most. The fact that it was "shut down"
        me be an indication of it's factuality. Well, just my thoughts.
        Please respond to me with more info on this matter, I am sincerily
        interested.

        Thank you,
        Child of Azna
      • wherecar54
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2002
          The site was shut down because Yahoo clubs is being merged with Yahoo
          groups. Here is the page with the propaganda.