Re: Christ Sophia

  • gerryhsp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17 9:15 PM
      These links are fascinating, Cari, and as you
      suggest, somewhat disheartening when we consider how
      relatively unknown these depictions are.<br><br>I especially
      couldn't believe that that one icon was only 'disappeared'
      in such recent years, relatively speaking. That
      full-size graphic will be joining my collection on a
      Zip-disk.<br><br>I clearly recall discussion and pictures from Art
      History of the architecture of Hagia Sophia, in fact, it
      seems like there were several so-named. Our professor's
      commentary headed nowhere in this direction, though. No
      surprise there, huh? :-(<br><br>Gerry