Re: Peter, Paul and Mary! pt1

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001
      Hey Ernst, it has been awhile. Good lord, this
      many posts... and mostly to *me*. I have to admit, I
      simply don't have time to deal with all of these posts
      (in fact I don't even have time to read them all the
      way through), so I"m simply going to skim and pick
      out what seems to me to be a few of the most
      important points in a conversation that actually happened
      to long ago to really be reviving.
      Anyways.....<br><br>>>>>>>>...it has been argued that Marcionites were
      Gnostic.<<< <br><br>This arguement is fine and I have no
      problem because the demarcation of Gnosticism to include
      Marcionites is discussed frequently in many
      books<<<<br><br>Yes, but you seem to have forgotton that this is NOT
      argued by ME. Just because I'm repeating an arguement
      does not mean I agree with it. I have been the first
      to express doubt that Marcionites are "Gnostic", and
      have also stated a disagreement with categorizing
      Manicheans as such. Since the better part of your posts deal
      with this as if it were somehow a point that *I* am
      making, and you of all people should know better, those
      are the parts I will ignore in my quick skimming of
      your posts. After Saturday I may make an attempt to
      come back to your posts more fully.<br><br>On to next
      post......