Re: Trichotomy

  • ErnstStrohregenmantelrad
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001
      I have read the aforementioned book by Harold
      Bloom.<br><br>My answer to you is this. Look at the archive in
      this club. This is the old topic which was discussed.
      answer.<br><br>In the book Bloom professed to be a
      "self-proclaimed" gnostic what ever that mean. The only chapter of
      interst to me was his chapter on Mormonism which is quite
      convinsing and more orless varified by Lance Owen's article
      in _Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought_ (You can
      view the article at:
      many times here but no one is seemed to be interested
      in it. I wonder why? Through the gape vine I heard
      Owen (which by the way is the priest of Ecclesia
      Gnostica in Salt Lake City) is trying to work on the
      concept of Mormon polygamy advocated by Smith as really
      the physical metaphor for the "Bridal
      Chamber."<br><br>As for the rest of "sects" in the book I read the
      part of Jehovah's Witness, Christian Science and
      Seventh Day Adventists. The imformation on them is
      interesting but conclusion is not really to term these sects
      as Gnostic (in any sense of the term.<br><br>As for
      baptists and pentacoastals, I beleive they are connected
      to Gnosticism in indirect sort of the way. For
      baptists and puritans and any derivations of reformed
      Calvinist theology we have Augestine (of Hippo) to thank
      for the theology of pseudo-Manichaeism. (Which is
      also priviously discussed here by me without any
      interest by others). As for Pentalcoastal/Neo-Montanism
      please see the reply that I'll make on PMCV's post.