Re: Peter, Paul and Mary! pt4

  • ErnstStrohregenmantelrad
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001
      >>>Also, do we include Hermetics and
      Kabbalah (both of which obviously continue to this
      day)?<<<<br><br>There is no such a thing as direct continuation of
      Hermetism. What we have today is Neo-Alexandrian Hermetism
      which was *revived* in the Renaissance with
      conjucturing with Platonism, Christian Kabbalah and Christian
      Theosophy. Even further, the most of Hermeticism that is
      practed today is the occultism version which is
      secularized after the dreaded Post-Enlightement
      thinking.<br><br>>>>...Cathar/Bogimils (because they could be absorbed into the
      Manichean part as well. If we did that, then the uncertain
      origin of Mandeans would make Manicheans the oldest
      verifiable related group)<<<<br><br>Cathar and
      Bogomils could be absorbed by Manichaeans? Please, this
      doesn't make sense.In the history of the church many
      heresiologists had called any heretics with dualist tendency as
      "Manichaeans". It sounds like you are following that if you are
      not pointing out any evidences. <br><br>cont.