Re: Trichotomy

  • pneumen_borealis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2001
      The article seems to have a distinctly
      fundamentalist tone. I find attitudes like this a little
      frightening. Sticking to intellectual ideals in the face of
      spiritual truths is a good prelude to a destructive
      madness. The obsession with maintaining a slavish
      adherence to an authoratative orthodoxy that was
      established by inquisition and the crushing of "heresy" could
      never be a good thing. There is a certain tone of
      demonization and paranoid intolerance in the article. In
      general, those obsessed with ideological, racial, or
      religious purity, it would seem to me, are the the primary
      face of what those who enjoy simplistic reductionism
      call evil. They are only running away from themselves.
      Peoplelike this need to be kept far away from the reigns of
      any power whatsoever.<br><br>It is people like the
      author that make modern westerners anti-intellectual. If
      you speak not from the heart on matters spiritual,
      but rather from a hyperintellectualized dissection of
      religious texts, truly free people will not listen, unless
      of course, you brow-beat them. People value
      intelligence, not intellectualism.<br><br>Be that as it may, it
      occured to me as I was reading the article that the
      trinity may in fact be the allegory at work
      psychic/helic/pneumatic trichotomy. The allegory is certainly appealing.
      If Jesus was the Son of God, then He must somehow
      represent the redemption of the body. The Creator must be
      the psychic, the flawed intellectual power that
      attempts to order an unorderable world. The Holy Spirit is
      the psychic, of course, the ladder to wisdom, the
      only power that will make the world whole again.
      idea is dismissed in the article, which seems to
      indicate that I'm on the right track.<br><br>Oh well, at
      least I got more out of reading it than fear and
      loathing.