The Mandaeans, the Last Gnostics, all Weekend On Aeon Byte!!!

  • D. Tackett
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 26, 2009
           The troubles facing the Mandeans have been  horrible. The Mandeans have established a church here in the Detroit area that is as strong as the Mandean nation itself. Never count them out. They have survived more than most would ever imagine. They are actually a sect of the ancient Nazareans.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 26, 2009

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "D. Tackett" <nazgno@...> wrote:

        >      The troubles facing the Mandeans have been  horrible. The Mandeans have established a church here in the Detroit area that is as strong as the Mandean nation itself. Never count them out. They have survived more than most would ever imagine. They are actually a sect of the ancient Nazareans.

        Hello, D.  I haven't had a chance yet to listen to Miguel's interview with Nathaniel Deutsch, but I did find an interesting article from this past summer, "Ancient Iraqi Mandaean sect struggles to keep culture in Michigan," by The Associated Press:

        http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/07/ancient_iraqi_mandaean_sect_st.html

        Cari

      • D. Tackett
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 26, 2009
          Many thanks for listing the article. I much enjoyed it. I am a gnostic Nazarean who is greatly interested in all the ancient gnostic sects. Their are only gnostics, no sects. Peace to all! Dennis.