A Dictionary of Gnosticism & 'The Gnostic' 2 all Weekend on Aeon Byte!!!

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2009
      For the first time in history a comprehensive lexicon on Gnostic terminology has been published. More than a dictionary, it is perennial almanac and exhaustive mini-encyclopedia of Gnosticism, The Gnostic & Gnosis, from Simon Magus to the Matrix, from the Ophites to the Mandeans, from the Naasene Sermons to the Gospel of Judas. It also reveals the influences and influenced of the Gnostic movements such as Mystery Religions, world Mythologies, alternative Christianities, Church Fathers, and Occult movements across history, just to name a few. We also explore the contents of the new release of the highly-acclaimed 'The Gnostic' magazine.
      Astral Guest-- Andrew Phillip Smith, author of 'A Dictionary of Gnosticism', 'The Gnostics', 'Gnostic Writings on the Soul' and editor of 'The Gnostic'.

      --The criteria and painstaking effort Andrew committed in gathering 1700 hundred definitions throughout many years and many trips to the bookstore.
      --The possible meaning to `barbarous' names like Abraxas, Barbelo and Akamoth.
      --Why the modern Gnostic revival truly began in the 19th Century with the rise of the Theosophical Society, the Neo-Templar Movement, Gurdieff and other forerunners.
      --A cultural history of Gnosticism including the latest scholarly findings.
      --How the ruling of the body by Archons, beyond medical magic, might have been a Gnostic ancient practice of Reike with Archons being actually chakra centers. Today it's known as the Kimetikos.
      --A sneak preview of the `The Gnostic' magazine that is heavily ladled with Philip K. Dick. It includes interviews with Colin Wilson, Tessa Dick and April De Conick, as well as articles on Eternal Return, the sexual habits of the Gnostics, a finally easy to understand overview of the Pistis Sophia and much more. And it has the usual poetry, fiction and art that should be included in any Gnostic publication.
      --The various definitions and interpretations of that elusive concept known as Gnosis.
      --More evidence Gnosticism predates Christianity, from the mouth of Orthodoxy itself.

      And much more!!!

      Just go to http://www.thegodabovegod.com/. The program is broadcast all weekend long. Listen to it at your convenience.

      I am also including `Aeon Byte #131—`The Gnostic' magazine, where Andrew discusses his firstborn child. It includes his interview and experience with Alan Moore, the gnosis of William Burroughs & Mark Twain, new revelations on the Gospel of Thomas and the Bible itself, the many faces of Judas throughout history and a whole galaxy of other goodies. It also has plenty of Philip K. Dick. We just can never get enough Dick!

      I will leave Aeon Byte #131 all week long for your sinful pleasure.

      Next week we discuss the Myth of Lilith in all her heretical aspects. Our guest is Kelley Hunter, author of `Living Lilith: Four Dimensions of the Cosmic Feinine'.

      All past shows of Aeon Byte are available at http://www.thegodabovegod.com/shop/. Each program has a preview you can listen to it before jumping into the abyss of heresy. CD copies can be purchased through our homepage. Bulk digital audio at your greasy fingertips can also be purchased at http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1906876. I've already raised prices, but buying CD's or downloading in bulk digital format is a fraction of the price. Selling your soul to the Devil has never been so cheap!

      Donations always welcome in our borderland-of-the-religions venture. Yes, Mama, I should have been a televangelists. Put a Gospel in his head…pulled the trigger now I'm rich…Mama…life had just begun…

      Please sign up for our Mailing List at our homepage so I can eventually take over the worl…bring you enlightenment.

      And check out my new articles for The Examiner at http://www.examiner.com/x-28537-Chicago-Gnosticism--Heretical-Spirituality-Examiner. Please subscribe and leave little love or hate notes. I put up two or three articles, commentaries, reviews and sermonettes a week. Check in often. And check out my new article on the Fort Hood Massacre: http://www.examiner.com/x-28537-Chicago-Gnosticism--Heretical-Spirituality-Examiner~y2009m11d13-Fort-Hood-massacre-tells-us-that-God-is-still-in-business