Re: New Gostic text... how do you think it fits in with the gnostic movement?

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 11, 2009
      Hello chris! In my opinion,I would read everything I could find the time to read. There is a good chance that ten years from now you won't be as interested in this text as you are today,but who's to say that one small piece of it will stick with you to later open a door that you couldn't have done so without it? (In my opinion) you've got to dig deep,especially at first. You may disregaurd half of what you come across, but you may find that one thing that relates to you and opens the next door. I think that would be more important than wondering how it relates to nag hammadi. How it relates to you and your path seems to be your goal,in my opinion! --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "chris_heading" <chris_heading@...> wrote:

      > Hi All…
      >
      > Does anyone know anything about this Gnostic movement? I haven't been able to find very much on it and wondered if anyone has studied it. It has a strong Gnostic basis similar to Nag Hammadi, but seem much more modern and human based in it's approach. It focuses a lot on choice and self-empowerment in steps towards transcendence and looks like it is shared in story/parable form interweaving various forms of gnosis.
      >
      > Here's the page that compares their Gnosis with other forms of gnosis. They have a book they follow called the Song of God which was written by a man named Azrael Ondi-Ahman over a 28 year period. The site also has some interesting videos on creating your own reality.
      >
      > http://www.truegnosticchurch.org/basic_beliefs.html
      >
      > I emailed the site, but have yet to get a response. I'd like to get any advice feedback before I purchase the book.
      >
      > I'm pretty intrigued and any help would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,

    • Rosalie Shelton
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 11, 2009
        Hi Cari,
        Thanks for the info and references. I copied it and I will be interested to follow those readings.
        I just watched a video at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5783057043188740843

        Alan Steinfeld of New Realities interviews author JJ Hurtak about his book Pistis Sophia. He also wrote the Keys of Enoch.
        He explains Gnosticism as "A pathway seeking Divine experience to knowledge".

        "New Realities host Alan Steinfeld interviews the legendary J.J. Hurtak, bestselling author of "The Book of Knowledge: The Keys of Enoch®", doctor, and president of The Academy For Future Science. In this interview, James J. Hurtak discusses his book The Pistis Sophia, Text and Commentary (co-authored with his wife, Desiree), which is a translation and commentary of a special collection of 2,000 year old Gnostic Coptic manuscripts, derived from ancient Egyptian-Coptic Christian Codexes."

        Here is another helpful link to the Pistis Sophia I found on Nag Hammadi Library website: http://www.gnosis.org/library/pistis-sophia/ps005.htm
        Gnostic Scriptures and Fragments

        Pistis Sophia
        Translated by G. R. S. Mead

        Thanks,
        Rose
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 12, 2009
          Thank you, Rose. I'll check out that interview.

          Cari

          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Rosalie Shelton" <rosashelton@...> wrote:

          > Hi Cari,
          > Thanks for the info and references. I copied it and I will be interested to follow those readings.
          > I just watched a video at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5783057043188740843
          >
          > Alan Steinfeld of New Realities interviews author JJ Hurtak about his book Pistis Sophia. He also wrote the Keys of Enoch.
          > He explains Gnosticism as "A pathway seeking Divine experience to knowledge".
          >
          > "New Realities host Alan Steinfeld interviews the legendary J.J. Hurtak, bestselling author of "The Book of Knowledge: The Keys of Enoch®", doctor, and president of The Academy For Future Science. In this interview, James J. Hurtak discusses his book The Pistis Sophia, Text and Commentary (co-authored with his wife, Desiree), which is a translation and commentary of a special collection of 2,000 year old Gnostic Coptic manuscripts, derived from ancient Egyptian-Coptic Christian Codexes."
          >
          > Here is another helpful link to the Pistis Sophia I found on Nag Hammadi Library website: http://www.gnosis.org/library/pistis-sophia/ps005.htm
          > Gnostic Scriptures and Fragments
          >
          > Pistis Sophia
          > Translated by G. R. S. Mead