Re: Perfect -- "absolutely" speaking

  • Will Brown
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009
      Yep, been over six years, it has, since I wandered off into the sunset. So, the sun has again arisen and I wander back into the realm of Cari and her fellow Gnosticeers. Is the following site a good place for me to begin again?

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

      > Well, hello, Willy. It's been a while. Good to see you.
      >
      > Cari
      >
      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" wilbro99@ wrote:
      > >
      > > So, how does one say hello in Gnostic? After that, we might get down to
      > > the creation of a Rosetta Stone of sorts... ~~~~willy
      > >
      > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" <wilbro99@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Absolutely, this time through the realm of Gnosticism, I shall learn
      > > > speak your language. ~~~~willy

      > > "ooh
      > > > look its a kitten" land... we do need structure...

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009
        From the gut as well as the head.

        Mark

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009
          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" <wilbro99@...> wrote:

          > Yep, been over six years, it has, since I wandered off into the sunset.
          > So, the sun has again arisen and I wander back into the realm of Cari
          > and her fellow Gnosticeers. Is the following site a good place for me to
          > begin again?
          >
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

          The Wikipedia summary has gone through revisions and isn't a bad place to start. In general, the Wikipedia pages continue to be updated, and you can click on "discussion" at the top of pages to view types of issues encountered.

          Also, Willy, you can browse through our "Links" and "Files" sections on our Gnosticism2 homepage. There are many books and articles, of course that address historical Gnosticism. I would recommend actually reading original source literature. You can find some translations online, too. ~

          http://www.gnosis.org/library.html
          http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/index.html

          We can offer more specific recommendations as required, Willy.

          We look forward to comments and questions of yours.

          Cari
        • Will Brown
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009

            > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" <wilbro99@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yep, been over six years, it has, since I wandered off into the sunset.
            > > So, the sun has again arisen and I wander back into the realm of Cari
            > > and her fellow Gnosticeers. Is the following site a good place for me to
            > > begin again?
            > >
            > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism
            > >

            > The Wikipedia summary has gone through revisions and isn't a bad place to start. In general, the Wikipedia pages continue to be updated, and you can click on "discussion" at the top of pages to view types of issues encountered.
            >
            > Also, Willy, you can browse through our "Links" and "Files" sections on our Gnosticism2 homepage. There are many books and articles, of course that address historical Gnosticism. I would recommend actually reading original source literature. You can find some translations online, too. ~
            >
            > http://www.gnosis.org/library.html
            > http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/index.html
            >
            > We can offer more specific recommendations as required, Willy.
            >
            > We look forward to comments and questions of yours.
            >
            > Cari

            Ok, I'll root around and get back when I figure I have something cogent to say, something different from last time...