Re: Perfect -- "absolutely" speaking

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 3, 2009
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gerryhsp@...> wrote:

      > Just keep in mind that even though we walk over the troll, it's
      > really the bridge that we're walking on.
      >
      > Gerry

      heh , I find him overly simplistic bordering on innane myself...

      I was just pointing out we all start somewhere...

      but I agree for free flow of discussion, lest we wonder off into "ooh look its a kitten" land... we do need structure...
    • Will Brown
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 5, 2009
        Absolutely, this time through the realm of Gnosticism, I shall learn to speak your language.    ~~~~willy

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 6, 2009
          So, how does one say hello in Gnostic? After that, we might get down to the creation of a Rosetta Stone of sorts...   ~~~~willy

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009
            Well, hello, Willy. It's been a while. Good to see you.

            Cari

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009
              Yep, been over six years, it has, since I wandered off into the sunset. So, the sun has again arisen and I wander back into the realm of Cari and her fellow Gnosticeers. Is the following site a good place for me to begin again?

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

              > Well, hello, Willy. It's been a while. Good to see you.
              >
              > Cari
              >
              > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" wilbro99@ wrote:
              > >
              > > So, how does one say hello in Gnostic? After that, we might get down to
              > > the creation of a Rosetta Stone of sorts... ~~~~willy
              > >
              > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" <wilbro99@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Absolutely, this time through the realm of Gnosticism, I shall learn
              > > > speak your language. ~~~~willy

              > > "ooh
              > > > look its a kitten" land... we do need structure...

            • Mark
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009
                From the gut as well as the head.

                Mark

                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009
                  --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" <wilbro99@...> wrote:

                  > Yep, been over six years, it has, since I wandered off into the sunset.
                  > So, the sun has again arisen and I wander back into the realm of Cari
                  > and her fellow Gnosticeers. Is the following site a good place for me to
                  > begin again?
                  >
                  > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

                  The Wikipedia summary has gone through revisions and isn't a bad place to start. In general, the Wikipedia pages continue to be updated, and you can click on "discussion" at the top of pages to view types of issues encountered.

                  Also, Willy, you can browse through our "Links" and "Files" sections on our Gnosticism2 homepage. There are many books and articles, of course that address historical Gnosticism. I would recommend actually reading original source literature. You can find some translations online, too. ~

                  http://www.gnosis.org/library.html
                  http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/index.html

                  We can offer more specific recommendations as required, Willy.

                  We look forward to comments and questions of yours.

                  Cari
                • Will Brown
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 7, 2009

                    > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" <wilbro99@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Yep, been over six years, it has, since I wandered off into the sunset.
                    > > So, the sun has again arisen and I wander back into the realm of Cari
                    > > and her fellow Gnosticeers. Is the following site a good place for me to
                    > > begin again?
                    > >
                    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism
                    > >

                    > The Wikipedia summary has gone through revisions and isn't a bad place to start. In general, the Wikipedia pages continue to be updated, and you can click on "discussion" at the top of pages to view types of issues encountered.
                    >
                    > Also, Willy, you can browse through our "Links" and "Files" sections on our Gnosticism2 homepage. There are many books and articles, of course that address historical Gnosticism. I would recommend actually reading original source literature. You can find some translations online, too. ~
                    >
                    > http://www.gnosis.org/library.html
                    > http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/index.html
                    >
                    > We can offer more specific recommendations as required, Willy.
                    >
                    > We look forward to comments and questions of yours.
                    >
                    > Cari

                    Ok, I'll root around and get back when I figure I have something cogent to say, something different from last time...