Re: Is God and His works perfect?

  • justafools
    Message 1 of 78 , May 28, 2009
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gerryhsp@...> wrote:

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "justafools" <justafools@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Although I do not see how inventing Sophia and Demiurge and all the
      > rest helps one do this. Wisdom, by any other name, is still wisdom.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > DL
      > >

      > DL,
      >
      > When you promote a "God" you have come to know, describing him as
      > evolving along with Man, and being limited by Nature, you are expressly
      > defining a limited deity. Your thoughts on THIS is what I was trying to
      > get you to consider earlier. It comes across as much a demiurge as any
      > other. The text Cari mentioned attempts to explore a source of Divinity
      > that is clearly removed from such imperfection and limitation.

      Divinity like all words is man made and only men have suggested that God is divine. Men are the one's who have given God a wish list of attributes. Miracles, eternal life, all knowing, omni this and that. A man invented wish list that has little to do with what we can know of any true God because no true God has ever manifested here.

      I cannot say that the God I found is imperfect. This would go against the true idea that all that is, is as good as it can be and always improving over time. Evolution continues.

      I do not limit the power of God, I just recognize what It's nature is. It may look like I do only because man has over done the attributes from his wish list.

      To say that a man is deficient because he cannot fly is not pointing to a defect. It is just recognizing that it is not in his nature to fly.

      Regards
      DL
      Message 78 of 78 , May 29, 2009
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Ben" <brbenjaminassisi@...> wrote:

        > > DL, you are certainly entitled to your beliefs. If you should choose to compare or contrast them to others' beliefs, however, it would a good idea to try to understand how the others interpreted their words, as Gerry mentioned. Their own words.
        > >
        > > Cari
        > >
        > Hi Cari...
        >
        > you could easily cite besides philip and sophia of Jesus regardign this subject...
        >
        > the "contradictory" nature of texts such as Thunder perfect...
        >
        > Which I think all point to a very "Gnostic truth",
        >
        > those that know do not speak
        > those that speak do not know
        >
        > for the Gnostics clearly treated their cosmological ideas as merely means to end... like staring at the sun, if you dont wear sun glasses or redirect the light through something else...and stare directly into it... you will be blinded.
        >
        > For somneone like DL new to Gnosticism and any kind of mystical insight (this may be innaccurate, however his ideas seem to scream this as a "truth")it can be very difficult to see through the illogical logic of Gnosticism and any simliar ideas..or ideas that work by making one see through the surface to a "greater idea/s"
        >
        > Of course its really easy really, as thomas says all that is hidden will be revealed....
        >
        > When is a door not a door?
        > When it is ajar...

        Truth is, Ben, I'm happy for DL and others to read any writings by the Gnostics with metaphorical glasses.