Re: Is God and His works perfect?

  • justafools
    Message 1 of 78 , May 9, 2009
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gerryhsp@...> wrote:

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "justafools" <justafools@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is God and His works perfect?
      > >
      > > [ . . . ]
      > >
      > > I see God's universe as perfect.
      > > I should give you my definition of perfect now to save some time.
      > > Some people see or use that word to denote a finish and complete
      > product.
      > > I do not and if I may, God does not. [emphasis added]
      > >
      > > [ . . . ]
      > >
      > > My question then is,
      > > Do you see God's universe as perfection in evolution, or,
      > > Do you see God's initial perfection gone and replaced by imperfection?
      > >
      > > [ . . . ]
      > >
      > > I do not include this for debate here [emphasis added] but only to
      > show how strongly I believe that when we left the garden we did so with
      > God being proud of His perfect works and not ashamed that He had started
      > us off on the wrong foot, so to speak, from the beginning of our
      > journey.
      > >

      > Hi DL. Perhaps I'm simply not familiar enough with your writing style,
      > but I feel a need to ask for some clarification here on a few points. I
      > hope you can see by the portions of your post I selected above why there
      > might be some concerns.
      >
      > You ask some questions in that post, yet it's not at all clear whether
      > you actually wish anyone to respond. You open with a question, offer
      > various opinions and interpretations of your experiences, and appear to
      > speak on God's behalf, but then even after asking questions again, it
      > seems as if you are clearly not interested in seeing any discussion here
      > regarding your conclusions. When you state that you're merely
      > attempting to show how strong your beliefs are, I have to wonder: Are
      > you really trying to convince us, or yourself?
      >
      > Gerry

      I screwed up.

      The statement for non debate was intended to point to just the last part of my post, the part speaking to God's judgment, and I guess that I should have accentuated that fact better.

      Please disregard that completely and ask away or comment away on whatever you like.

      Regards
      DL
      The
      Message 78 of 78 , May 29, 2009
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Ben" <brbenjaminassisi@...> wrote:

        > > DL, you are certainly entitled to your beliefs. If you should choose to compare or contrast them to others' beliefs, however, it would a good idea to try to understand how the others interpreted their words, as Gerry mentioned. Their own words.
        > >
        > > Cari
        > >
        > Hi Cari...
        >
        > you could easily cite besides philip and sophia of Jesus regardign this subject...
        >
        > the "contradictory" nature of texts such as Thunder perfect...
        >
        > Which I think all point to a very "Gnostic truth",
        >
        > those that know do not speak
        > those that speak do not know
        >
        > for the Gnostics clearly treated their cosmological ideas as merely means to end... like staring at the sun, if you dont wear sun glasses or redirect the light through something else...and stare directly into it... you will be blinded.
        >
        > For somneone like DL new to Gnosticism and any kind of mystical insight (this may be innaccurate, however his ideas seem to scream this as a "truth")it can be very difficult to see through the illogical logic of Gnosticism and any simliar ideas..or ideas that work by making one see through the surface to a "greater idea/s"
        >
        > Of course its really easy really, as thomas says all that is hidden will be revealed....
        >
        > When is a door not a door?
        > When it is ajar...

        Truth is, Ben, I'm happy for DL and others to read any writings by the Gnostics with metaphorical glasses.