Re: [Gnosticism2] The Gnostic #1

  • Gnostic Ken
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
      --- On Mon, 3/30/09, smithandp <andrew@...> wrote:

      > The Gnostic #1 is finally available.
      > It includes an interview with John Turner, an expert on
      > Sethian Gnosticism, a new translation of the Gospel of
      > Judas, a whirlwind tour of the alternative Judas, and a note
      > on translational issues in the Gospel of Thomas.
      > Gnostic-influenced writers are featured heavily with a long
      > interview with Alan Moore, and an excerpt from a prose work
      > inspired by William Blake, and articles on William Burroughs
      > and Philip K. Dick. The more adventurous scholarly articles
      > include Will Parker's examination of the magical worldview,
      > a look at the figure of Judas outside of the New Testament,
      > and an examination of Paul's attitude to Moses. Jeremy
      > Puma's regular column looks at the pivotal topic of Gnosis
      > itself. Plus reviews of more than a dozen books. Oh, and an
      > excerpt from Freke and Gandy's Gospel of the Second Coming.
      > And more.
      >
      > Scott Finch, John Coulthart and Eddie Campbell provide
      > visuals.
      >
      > The easiest way to purchase it is through Amazon:
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1906834024/thegospeoftho-20
      >
      > It's also available through amazon.co.uk, most other online
      > bookstores and eventually in selected brick-and-mortar
      > bookstores. Comp copies are on their way to contributors.

      Do you mind if I forward this to GnosticThought?

      Ken
    • smithandp
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Gnostic Ken <gnostic_ken@...> wrote:

        > Do you mind if I forward this to GnosticThought?
        >
        > Ken

        Ken and everyone else, please forward it to anyone who might be interested. The Gnostic has a lot of potential and a lot of good people are contributing to it, but it would be nice to actually sell some copies too!
      • smithandp
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
          The Gnostic #1 is being discounted by Amazon, selling at $10.80 instead of $12. It qualifies for super saver shipping, so is you buy $14.20 worth of other books you get free shipping.

          I don't know how long the discounting will last.

          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1906834024/thegospeoftho-20