Rumi & the Sufis this Weekend on Aeon Byte!!!

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2008
      Islamic Gnosticism: Sufism and the Persian Poets. We reveal that the
      Sufis have directly drawn from the Gnostic fountainhead and have been
      secret carriers of esoteric gems for many centuries. We take an in
      depth look at their mystical origins and theology. And we are also
      exposed to the rich, ethereal Poetry of Rumi and the other great
      Middle Eastern bards.

      Astral Guest-- David Fideler, author of "Love's Alchemy: Poems from
      the Sufi Tradition' & `Jesus Christ Sun of God'.

      Topics discussed:

      --The origins, theology and rituals of Sufism.
      --The parallels and similarities between Sufism and Gnosticism.
      --New translations that give a fresh insight into the puissance of the
      Persian poets (a far cry from the New Age drivel you've had to hear
      from the mouths of Demi Moore and Madonna).
      --The background and sublime genius of Rumi and the other great
      Persian Poets.
      --An actual chance to listen to Sufi music and poetry as it was
      originally intended centuries ago in the correct context, both in
      Persian and English.
      --How the Sufi and Persian poetry actually influenced our modern views
      on Romantic Love.
      --Is there such a thing as Arabic Kabbalah?

      And much more!

      Abraxas