Re: [Gnosticism2] Book Inquiry

  • Michael Leavitt
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
      I have emailed a copy of this to one of his active priests, Dr. Hoeller
      has no email address, and I don't see him often, and think my copy went
      up in a house fire two years ago. The book is up on the for sale rack
      at the church BTW.

      alecto167 wrote:
      > Greetings, Dear List,
      >

      > I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
      > I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
      > and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
      > willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
      > become extremely rare and unavailable.
      >
      > I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
      > (non-loan) collection in California.
      >
      > The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
      > I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
      >
      > The book information is as follows:
      >
      > Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
      > Author: Stephan A Hoeller
      > Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
      > Pub Date: 1973
      > 45 pages
      > OCLC:48949301
      > ASIN: B00073A3PC
      >

      > Many thanks in advance.
      >

      > Alecto,
      > New York City

    • Michael Leavitt
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
        Better yet.

        Carlos Miaja wrote:
        > go and get it here:
        > http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00073A3PC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1219959890&sr=8-1&condition=all
        > <http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00073A3PC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1219959890&sr=8-1&condition=all>

      • alecto167
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
          Dear Michael,

          My deepest thanks for your assistance.

          $200 on Amazon is regretably out of the question and I am in NY so I
          can't get to Dr. Hoeller's church, however, I now have hope that this
          slim volume will become available to me for my studies where before I
          had none.

          Thank you so much!
          Alecto

          > I have emailed a copy of this to one of his active priests, Dr. Hoeller
          > has no email address, and I don't see him often, and think my copy went
          > up in a house fire two years ago. The book is up on the for sale rack
          > at the church BTW.
          >

          > alecto167 wrote:
          > > Greetings, Dear List,
          > >

          > > I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
          > > I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
          > > and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
          > > willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
          > > become extremely rare and unavailable.
          > >
          > > I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
          > > (non-loan) collection in California.
          > >
          > > The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
          > > I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
          > >
          > > The book information is as follows:
          > >
          > > Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
          > > Author: Stephan A Hoeller
          > > Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
          > > Pub Date: 1973
          > > 45 pages
          > > OCLC:48949301
          > > ASIN: B00073A3PC
          > >

          > > Many thanks in advance.
          > >

          > > Alecto,
          > > New York City

          8/28/2008 7:39 AM

        • Michael Leavitt
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
            $200, its barely more than a pamphlet, and for sale at the church. My
            cc is to one of our priests who should be able to help you.

            Fr. Michael

          • mowthpeece@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
              i live in l.a. If the cc to the priest of the church doesnt help let
              me know. I can go by there in person.

              anna

              --
              Anna

              "A fool can not understand wisdom even if he associates with a sage." - Buddha
            • Michael Leavitt
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                Open Sunday morning and Friday evening (8:00).

                mowthpeece@... wrote:
                > i live in l.a. If the cc to the priest of the church doesnt help let
                > me know. I can go by there in person.
                >

                > anna
                >
                > On 8/28/08, alecto167 <svechachara@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Greetings, Dear List,
                >>

                >> I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
                >> I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
                >> and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
                >> willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
                >> become extremely rare and unavailable.
                >>
                >> I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
                >> (non-loan) collection in California.
                >>
                >> The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
                >> I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
                >>
                >> The book information is as follows:
                >>
                >> Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
                >> Author: Stephan A Hoeller
                >> Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
                >> Pub Date: 1973
                >> 45 pages
                >> OCLC:48949301
                >> ASIN: B00073A3PC
                >>

                >> Many thanks in advance.
                >>

                >> Alecto,
                >> New York City

              • Anna Abrante
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                  they're open more than that..but thanks.