Re: [Gnosticism2] Book Inquiry

  • Carlos Miaja
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
      go and get it here:

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: alecto167
      Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:07 AM
      Subject: [Gnosticism2] Book Inquiry

      Greetings, Dear List,

      I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
      I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
      and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
      willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
      become extremely rare and unavailable.

      I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
      (non-loan) collection in California.

      The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
      I've tried to contact the church with no luck.

      The book information is as follows:

      Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
      Author: Stephan A Hoeller
      Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
      Pub Date: 1973
      45 pages
      OCLC:48949301
      ASIN: B00073A3PC

      Many thanks in advance.

      Alecto,
      New York City

    • Michael Leavitt
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
        I have emailed a copy of this to one of his active priests, Dr. Hoeller
        has no email address, and I don't see him often, and think my copy went
        up in a house fire two years ago. The book is up on the for sale rack
        at the church BTW.

        alecto167 wrote:
        > Greetings, Dear List,
        >

        > I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
        > I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
        > and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
        > willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
        > become extremely rare and unavailable.
        >
        > I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
        > (non-loan) collection in California.
        >
        > The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
        > I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
        >
        > The book information is as follows:
        >
        > Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
        > Author: Stephan A Hoeller
        > Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
        > Pub Date: 1973
        > 45 pages
        > OCLC:48949301
        > ASIN: B00073A3PC
        >

        > Many thanks in advance.
        >

        > Alecto,
        > New York City

      • Michael Leavitt
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
          Better yet.

          Carlos Miaja wrote:
          > go and get it here:
          > http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00073A3PC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1219959890&sr=8-1&condition=all
          > <http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00073A3PC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1219959890&sr=8-1&condition=all>

        • alecto167
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
            Dear Michael,

            My deepest thanks for your assistance.

            $200 on Amazon is regretably out of the question and I am in NY so I
            can't get to Dr. Hoeller's church, however, I now have hope that this
            slim volume will become available to me for my studies where before I
            had none.

            Thank you so much!
            Alecto

            > I have emailed a copy of this to one of his active priests, Dr. Hoeller
            > has no email address, and I don't see him often, and think my copy went
            > up in a house fire two years ago. The book is up on the for sale rack
            > at the church BTW.
            >

            > alecto167 wrote:
            > > Greetings, Dear List,
            > >

            > > I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
            > > I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
            > > and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
            > > willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
            > > become extremely rare and unavailable.
            > >
            > > I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
            > > (non-loan) collection in California.
            > >
            > > The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
            > > I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
            > >
            > > The book information is as follows:
            > >
            > > Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
            > > Author: Stephan A Hoeller
            > > Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
            > > Pub Date: 1973
            > > 45 pages
            > > OCLC:48949301
            > > ASIN: B00073A3PC
            > >

            > > Many thanks in advance.
            > >

            > > Alecto,
            > > New York City

            8/28/2008 7:39 AM

          • Michael Leavitt
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
              $200, its barely more than a pamphlet, and for sale at the church. My
              cc is to one of our priests who should be able to help you.

              Fr. Michael

            • mowthpeece@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
                i live in l.a. If the cc to the priest of the church doesnt help let
                me know. I can go by there in person.

                anna

                --
                Anna

                "A fool can not understand wisdom even if he associates with a sage." - Buddha
              • Michael Leavitt
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                  Open Sunday morning and Friday evening (8:00).

                  mowthpeece@... wrote:
                  > i live in l.a. If the cc to the priest of the church doesnt help let
                  > me know. I can go by there in person.
                  >

                  > anna
                  >
                  > On 8/28/08, alecto167 <svechachara@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Greetings, Dear List,
                  >>

                  >> I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
                  >> I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
                  >> and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
                  >> willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
                  >> become extremely rare and unavailable.
                  >>
                  >> I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
                  >> (non-loan) collection in California.
                  >>
                  >> The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
                  >> I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
                  >>
                  >> The book information is as follows:
                  >>
                  >> Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
                  >> Author: Stephan A Hoeller
                  >> Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
                  >> Pub Date: 1973
                  >> 45 pages
                  >> OCLC:48949301
                  >> ASIN: B00073A3PC
                  >>

                  >> Many thanks in advance.
                  >>

                  >> Alecto,
                  >> New York City

                • Anna Abrante
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                    they're open more than that..but thanks.