Book Inquiry

  • alecto167
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
      Greetings, Dear List,

      I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
      I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
      and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
      willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
      become extremely rare and unavailable.

      I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
      (non-loan) collection in California.

      The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
      I've tried to contact the church with no luck.

      The book information is as follows:

      Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
      Author: Stephan A Hoeller
      Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
      Pub Date: 1973
      45 pages
      OCLC:48949301
      ASIN: B00073A3PC

      Many thanks in advance.

      Alecto,
      New York City
    • Carlos Miaja
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
        go and get it here:

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
          I have emailed a copy of this to one of his active priests, Dr. Hoeller
          has no email address, and I don't see him often, and think my copy went
          up in a house fire two years ago. The book is up on the for sale rack
          at the church BTW.

          alecto167 wrote:
          > Greetings, Dear List,
          >

          > I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
          > I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
          > and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
          > willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
          > become extremely rare and unavailable.
          >
          > I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
          > (non-loan) collection in California.
          >
          > The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
          > I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
          >
          > The book information is as follows:
          >
          > Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
          > Author: Stephan A Hoeller
          > Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
          > Pub Date: 1973
          > 45 pages
          > OCLC:48949301
          > ASIN: B00073A3PC
          >

          > Many thanks in advance.
          >

          > Alecto,
          > New York City

        • Michael Leavitt
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
            Better yet.

            Carlos Miaja wrote:
            > go and get it here:
            > http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00073A3PC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1219959890&sr=8-1&condition=all
            > <http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00073A3PC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1219959890&sr=8-1&condition=all>

          • alecto167
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
              Dear Michael,

              My deepest thanks for your assistance.

              $200 on Amazon is regretably out of the question and I am in NY so I
              can't get to Dr. Hoeller's church, however, I now have hope that this
              slim volume will become available to me for my studies where before I
              had none.

              Thank you so much!
              Alecto

              > I have emailed a copy of this to one of his active priests, Dr. Hoeller
              > has no email address, and I don't see him often, and think my copy went
              > up in a house fire two years ago. The book is up on the for sale rack
              > at the church BTW.
              >

              > alecto167 wrote:
              > > Greetings, Dear List,
              > >

              > > I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
              > > I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
              > > and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
              > > willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
              > > become extremely rare and unavailable.
              > >
              > > I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
              > > (non-loan) collection in California.
              > >
              > > The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
              > > I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
              > >
              > > The book information is as follows:
              > >
              > > Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
              > > Author: Stephan A Hoeller
              > > Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
              > > Pub Date: 1973
              > > 45 pages
              > > OCLC:48949301
              > > ASIN: B00073A3PC
              > >

              > > Many thanks in advance.
              > >

              > > Alecto,
              > > New York City

              8/28/2008 7:39 AM

            • Michael Leavitt
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
                $200, its barely more than a pamphlet, and for sale at the church. My
                cc is to one of our priests who should be able to help you.

                Fr. Michael

              • mowthpeece@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
                  i live in l.a. If the cc to the priest of the church doesnt help let
                  me know. I can go by there in person.

                  anna

                  --
                  Anna

                  "A fool can not understand wisdom even if he associates with a sage." - Buddha
                • Michael Leavitt
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                    Open Sunday morning and Friday evening (8:00).

                    mowthpeece@... wrote:
                    > i live in l.a. If the cc to the priest of the church doesnt help let
                    > me know. I can go by there in person.
                    >

                    > anna
                    >
                    > On 8/28/08, alecto167 <svechachara@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> Greetings, Dear List,
                    >>

                    >> I have been trying to locate a book for a few months now to no avail.
                    >> I am hoping someone on this list might have an electronic copy of it
                    >> and would be willing to share or a hardcopy of the book that they are
                    >> willing to pdf and share. It's a small book, only 45 pages but it has
                    >> become extremely rare and unavailable.
                    >>
                    >> I've tried WorldCat but only one copy was located in a special
                    >> (non-loan) collection in California.
                    >>
                    >> The author is a Gnostic Bishop in a church in California.
                    >> I've tried to contact the church with no luck.
                    >>
                    >> The book information is as follows:
                    >>
                    >> Title: The Mystery and Magic of the Eucharist.
                    >> Author: Stephan A Hoeller
                    >> Publisher: Gnostic Press, Hollywood, California
                    >> Pub Date: 1973
                    >> 45 pages
                    >> OCLC:48949301
                    >> ASIN: B00073A3PC
                    >>

                    >> Many thanks in advance.
                    >>

                    >> Alecto,
                    >> New York City

                  • Anna Abrante
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                      they're open more than that..but thanks.