The Shethian Monad and Angelish this week on Aeon Byte

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2008
      It's our one hundredth show! So we'll have two topics today as a
      celebration that should satisfy the Gnostic, the general mystic and
      the scholar.

      Part 1.The Sethian Monadology-- The reality is that the intricate
      cosmologies and cosmogonies of the Gnostic Sethians were not just
      myths but powerful tools, arcane mandalas that aided a person in
      unleashing the divine spark within. The Sethian system can also be
      used as a daily practical guide to human growth and happiness.
      Furthermore, the Sethian and the Taoist philosophies so eerily match
      one another there must have been communication between these
      pre-Christian Gnostics and their Eastern cousins. We explain the
      procedures of the Sethian Gnostics as well as bring new scholarship
      about their origins. Astral Guest-- Tom Saunders.
      Topics Discussed:
      --Understanding the Sethian system and the Sethian themselves using
      the Tai Chi and other Oriental arts.
      --How the Gospel of Thomas is a Sethian catalyst to their intricate
      schemes.
      --How the Pythagoreans influenced the pre-Christian Sethians.
      --Pointers on how you can use the Sethian Monad in your daily life.
      --Exploring the dangers of the shadow side of the Sethian emanation
      system.

      Part 2. Angelish. It's a growing esoteric practice that combines
      English Kabbalah, Tarot Reading, Astrology and Shamanistic Rituals.
      It can also be used as a vehicle for dream work, divination and
      drawing upon past lives. It culls from various ancient traditions
      into a new mystical Hybrid. Could it be another venue to helping your
      own spiritual liberations? Astral Guest-- John Sacelli, author of
      'The Angelish Dictionary'.

      --How John conceived Angelish through a series of visions, dreams and
      surreal synchronicities.
      --Explaining his Dream Circles and how they benefit individuals.
      --The difference and similarities between his Angelynx Card and the Tarot.
      --How his method of English Kabbalah can facilitate dream work and
      psychological growth.

      And much more!!!

      We have no exactly a hundred shows for download at our homepage on all
      things Gnostic and its brethren in the Esoterica. We have over forty
      of the leading scholars and Gnostic sages of our days including
      Stephan Hoeller, Timothy Freke, John Turner, Karen King, Marvin Meyer,
      Margaret Starbird, Bart Ehrman, Bierger Pearson, Acharya S., and
      Robert Price, just to name a few. Please visit the store at
      http://www.thegodabovegod.com/shop/.

      Also, shows can now be purchased on CD at half the price and twice the
      quality. And you can download files in bulk digital audio for an even
      better price. Information is on my homepage
      http://www.thegodabovegod.com/.

      The Alexandria Bazaar Store is also open for some of the most
      heretical and blasphemous items you can find that actually are
      tasteful at the same time.

      Donations are always appreciated. Support the Gnostic Media and the
      only show out there dealing with Gnosticism, the Gnostics and Gnosis.
      I make no substantial profit but simply re-invest in equipment,
      software, Illegal immigrants (all named Jesus, of course!), studio
      rent and all sort of Demiurgic stuff. This is one Gnostic who isn't
      quitting his day job. But he would also like to expand the show to a
      broader audience in this age of rising fundamentalism.

      And like I've always said, if you've got holes in your pockets let me
      know and I'll send you shows for no cost at all.

      Abraxas
    • tburns2012
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2008
        Oh, sorry. I just deleted my whole opening. I saw the mast-head was
        miss-spelled {'Shethian Monad'?...} and thought I'd stumbled on a
        completely new group of free-thinkers. LOL My bad.
        I then saw it was correctly spelled as Seth would have it.
        Anywho...I am new here...as of this morning I found this site and had
        to immediately join after a few minutes of grazing through the
        pasture; hope you don't mind.
        No real comment now, from me, just getting me feet wet here.
        Short backgrounder [for those who care]: I am an Hermetic Gnostic,
        having spent much time in Egypt, Ethiopia, Israel and the middle East
        to name just a few.
        Fourteen years there and in over forty countries and two years before
        living in a small village in the country side of Japan when I was a
        mere inquisitive lad of 20-21.
        Soooo, that's me in a nutshell {How do I get out of this nutshell?
        it's not a very big nutshell but I want out..I need Knowledge to get
        out!, I do believe. Darn, it worked, I got out. LOL}
        And now I shall take a back seat and read further into this new site I
        have 'stumbled across by accident' {there is no such thing as
        accidents but one can stumble}.
        I thank you and the ones that started this site for my opportunity to
        say these things. And I do look forward to learning more. Learning has
        kept me young for almost 60 years.
        Go in Peace.
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "miguelconner" <miguelconner@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2008

          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, tburns2012 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Oh, sorry. I just deleted my whole opening. I saw the mast-head was
          > miss-spelled {'Shethian Monad'?...} and thought I'd stumbled on a
          > completely new group of free-thinkers. LOL My bad.
          > I then saw it was correctly spelled as Seth would have it.
          > Anywho...I am new here...as of this morning I found this site and had
          > to immediately join after a few minutes of grazing through the
          > pasture; hope you don't mind.
          > No real comment now, from me, just getting me feet wet here.
          > Short backgrounder [for those who care]: I am an Hermetic Gnostic,
          > having spent much time in Egypt, Ethiopia, Israel and the middle East
          > to name just a few.
          > Fourteen years there and in over forty countries and two years before
          > living in a small village in the country side of Japan when I was a
          > mere inquisitive lad of 20-21.
          > Soooo, that's me in a nutshell {How do I get out of this nutshell?
          > it's not a very big nutshell but I want out..I need Knowledge to get
          > out!, I do believe. Darn, it worked, I got out. LOL}
          > And now I shall take a back seat and read further into this new site I
          > have 'stumbled across by accident' {there is no such thing as
          > accidents but one can stumble}.
          > I thank you and the ones that started this site for my opportunity to
          > say these things. And I do look forward to learning more. Learning has
          > kept me young for almost 60 years.
          > Go in Peace.

          Welcome to the group, tburns.  Thank you for your most interesting introduction.

          Graze through the pasture all you want (also you might want to check out the Links and Files sections).  If there are any comments or questions along the way, feel free to bring them to the board.  Yes, I agree that learning keeps one young.  And we all learn from each other here.